A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

what s with all the peeps with APR issues lately? (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what s with all the peeps with APR issues lately? (kinda long)

is it just me or is every other post on this board thats about chipping about how people are having trouble with APR software...

boost problems....cc problems...clutch problems...tb problems....
CEL problems...

i was under the imopression that APR products were throughly r/d as much if not better than an OEM VAG part. that not only do they have talented and knowledgeable people, they have the means and physical facilites to be able to test for reliability. i mean when you think of APR, it's not just some guys with a eprom progrmmer and soldering station...these are guys who develop and test phsycial engine products...down pipes, turbo kits, sunb mount, exhausts...

is it just me or do yall notice the same thing...
i hardly ever see problem posts with giac, revo, neuspeed...

maybe it just a matter of apr the biggest with most numer of people out there chipped...

but even so...im kinda puzzled how what appears to be such a through and professional and well researched company puts out a product that it turn is "buggy" and in the end a potential warranty killer...

just some random thoughts at 7:15 am

(well back to werk)
Old 12-22-2004, 07:36 AM

Default I am getting the impression that at least some of these are well-timed bogus posts...

... by people who don't have the software installed in their vehicles, in some cases by people who have a vested interest in selling the competitor's products. Been running for 13k+ with APR upgrades and no problems....
Old 12-22-2004, 07:51 AM

Default Re: I am getting the impression that at least some of these are well-timed bogus posts...

I think some have had a very good experience with the APR 1+ DLSJ5 is a good example.

I run GIAC but I do have a friend on this board who has been having problems. I have no vested interest in selling GIAC and I would like to see my friends car healthy. We have touched base and I have helped him where I can. APR has been helping him also.

From talking to him I can say that it is not a bogus problem he is having. Hey nothing is perfect and maybe their are some kinks to work out but it is all good in the end..

AMW
Old 12-22-2004, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think it's just APR, a lot of the CC issues were with different software.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Are you calling my surging problem BOGUS? Because there is a real problem.

I am not trying to make APR look bad, I am just looking for some help in diagnosing the problem.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:38 AM
Elder Member

Default See just by saying that you make it seem like you are covering for APR.

There are plenty of people that do that as it is just to cover up the issues that are out there with their product. From the posts I see there are no GIAC dealers posting up the APR software issues. If someone has a issue with any product, posting about it is just fine since they are just asking for a little help to fix the problem with their car.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Nope, its some of the other recent posts that start with generalized statements I'm talking about

You are trying to address a specific problem with your specific vehicle. Please accept my apologies for any offense.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:42 AM

Default I would agree with your premise if..

The posts I was seeing were, "I am having a specific problem with my specific car"... that's not what I'm seeing. What I'm seeing is, "Is it true that people who do APR upgrades have (insert bogus issue here)" type posts, which is not what you're talking about.

Perhaps it would be better simply just to do a post polling APR users how long they have had their upgraes and if they are happy with them, instead of this counterproductive sniping, eh?
Old 12-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Elder Member

Default Doing a post like that might get more info.

You have to understand that you will see posts like "Is it true that people who do APR upgrades have (insert issue here)" since some people want to know if there are issues with a product before they put out that much cash for it. It is not always going to be some troll trying to start up something since everyone here has a mind of their own to buy the product they want from the tuner of their choice.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:18 AM

Default im just suprised that APR gets problems on this level...

again, by all accords APR appears to be a very reputable and well-to-do company...

again, they seem to be in possession of very capable r/d people and equipment, and by the sound of some of these posts it sounds as if the just slap together the products with chewing gum and staples...

i know no one is perefect, but again, before you go out to do serious warranty threating engine mods, one would like to be sure that there is some reliability in the mod...

i take APR to be very reputable and put out prodcuts that are throughly researched, tested and made to high tolerance...

with all these reports on the forums out lately, just makes you kinda weary...

Quick Reply: what s with all the peeps with APR issues lately? (kinda long)