A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

what s with all the peeps with APR issues lately? (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actually Mike, I've had a GIAC distributer tell people incorrect info about my car...

these are people I don't know, and who haven't ridden in my car. It wasn't intentional, and it was partly true, so I'm not holding it against them. : )

Also this guy Derek from Urban imports has stated that GIAC has the safest software, etc. I think there's some merit to what Bco203 is saying, although I don't think there's a conspiracy going on. : ) The problems have been real, but completely fixable.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:20 AM

Absolutely true Mike.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:36 AM

Default There's been more people than me that have had great results...

I just dynoed, and I'm more vocal about it. : )

I have no problem with you Bro as I think you've contributed to the discussions on both AW and AZ . You're right Chris is having real issues as I and a few others did as well. Mine was easily fixed. Looks like Grocery Getter figured it out too. : )

However, I do find it interesting though that you started a thread on this issue and you're running GIAC not APR. You're currently running the GIAC big injector file correct? Just curious why you brought it up?
Old 12-22-2004, 12:27 PM

Default There have been some recent posts, I can see why you might infer that there is a major problem...

However, no disrespect, you are making it sound far worse then it really is. You list 5 issues in your post. The CEL will come on when your car misfires, we know that a faulty injector was the issue in my car, it's fixed it runs great, I made 250CHP, what do you think of that! : ) Grocery getter and Chris may have the same issue. The surging is common, do a search you'll find it happens on other chips as well. My NS chip surged too, I just never posted about it.

Just a few points regarding your post.

1) Like Mike stated the vibration issue happens with most of the chips, not just APR. MTM (Hoppen) even has a disclaimer on their website about it.

2) Boost? Who's having boost problems? When your car goes into limp mode because of the misfire, it will not make boost, a nice safety feature our cars have. : )

3) TB? Throttle body? No one has had an issue with this, it's always a good idea to do a TBA after you chip your car anyway.

4) Many of the chips have had surging issues. It's very common and very fixable, by adding copper plugs, lowering the boost can help as well.

5) All chips are a warrenty killer if AOA deems so.

I've seen two posts which deal with a serious issue on APR Stage 1+ cars, that is a misfire. I never posted about it because I fixed it myself. A misfire is not a good thing, but it's only happening at idle, that's hardly dangerous. While frustrating, the other issues, like Bhvdr said, are common and even normal while running any chip.

Let's see what happens with Chris and Grocery Getter then go from there.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:33 PM

Default Sorry to beat a dead horse, but did you try the Copper plugs yet?

Surging is a PITA, but it's fixable Bro, hang in there. : )
Old 12-22-2004, 02:05 PM

Default i was just putting it out there for debate...

after reading the several posts out there, i was seeing if this was just coincidence or something of meat...

by all accounts APR seems to be, again a top drawer company - not just software guys, but real engine modders.

maybe what i was wondering why people even brought these issues here first...

if it was me...i'd go for the free trials and make sure any issues got resolved before i went full hog.

reading these posts it makes it seem like, people get chipped w/out and research or shopping around and then come here and complain about the various misgivings and make it out like these are the natural "side effects" if you wanna chip out...

im sure APR et al. wouldnt be too happy if this is how there are being portrayed, without a chance to fix whatever fixable issues are out there...

again, if it was me and i was having these problems after i dropped down $500.00 + on the biggest warranty killer, id be over to the shop screaming bloddy murder...

just more food for thought...
Old 12-22-2004, 07:19 PM

You know most of us post to benefit everyone here..That's all
Old 12-24-2004, 01:34 AM

Default Re: You know most of us post to benefit everyone here..That's all

And for what its worth, APR's v2 Stage One EMCS software update is awsome! Its totaly fixed any rough edges that I felt the v1 software had. And they made other unexpected improvments to the drivability precision and more.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:33 PM

Default Uh I did not start this post. But I replied b/c I did not agree with original

that the problems posted by some were bogus. Hey I can tell you that nothing is perfect. I am not trying to divide this conversation up in any way.

U went for a ride in Chedwards car the other day. Very nice and no fault codes.

Really it is all good in the end. Whichever way one chooses to go..
Old 12-26-2004, 08:00 AM

Default I was referring to this post....

No worries, I just found it interesting. It's all good. : )<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/748339.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/748339.phtml</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: what s with all the peeps with APR issues lately? (kinda long)