A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

WHOOHHAA!!! *GRIN GRIN* (Head out the window like a dog enjoying a nice drive). After effect of REVo

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHOOHHAA!!! *GRIN GRIN* (Head out the window like a dog enjoying a nice drive). After effect of REVo

Where to begin? For one thing, this is going to be LONG, so grab a cup of coffee and get into your relaxed position (no, don't take your pants off )! Well for starters, I got owned yesterday by an Acura RSX Type-S. Yes, it's a formidable ricer mobile. But as you well know, I've been complaining out of my a$$ about the lack of power on our A4s, and the Audi Corp's unwillingness to do much about it, for a while now. I didn't want to be anyone's pretty boy any more. you know, the pretty boy that everybody in prison wants... knowing he can't do anything to fend off others - just sitting there, taking it oh so helplessly (it's just an expression, doesn't mean I was in prison being someone else's Biaatch). Nor did I want to be "owned" by a cheap-a$$ car!! I wanted at least to have something under my hood to say "back off." At least enough to give respects where it's due, to go along with that pretty look that we have in our A4s.

Well, I don't want to be a victim anymore. And in changing that mindset, I did something about it. I got the REVo 5hour trial at Pro-Imports.com - May I tell you, I can't stop grinning!!! I feel empowered BABY! Now this is what our stock should have been in our cars.

I'm not going to bore you with the install procedures, because by now it has been explained to death. But after the chipping, I let the car adjust into it for about 10 minutes. Then I went for a drive, slow but deliberate (on a semi-highway). Slowly, I started to speed up, and then wham, let my baby have it! I began to hear her scream oh so softly. It was incredible!

After 10 minutes of drive time, I went back and had David hook me up for install (but unfortunately, they didn't have the SPS3 dongle, so I'm going to set up an appointment for some time this week - and yes, they are going to Waterfest).

Then I took my baby out onto the highway, and boy did she fly!!! Stepped on the gas and next thing I know, I'm doing 100 mph in no time (rpm at 80mph was around 3800; and at 100mph it was around 4800). I just spent the last hour just driving around. WHhoooaaayaaa!!!

Now, do I love it??? YES!! Is it for you? That's up to you. There are great local shops around where you live, I'm sure. As a lot of you know, before REVo came out with their Serial port programming, I was seriously considering GIAC with IBE chipswitch2. But for me, this is a better choice, since I don't have to tinker with my "chastity belt" around my ecu. And shouldn't I wait for APR's direct programming? Well again- for me, the decision is based on proximity... the nearest APR dealer is NGP Racing in Aberdeen, MD which is almost 2hours away. Whereas Pro-Imports is 45mins away. Plus, David at Pro-Imports has been very cool about the entire process (I've been chatting with him for about a month now, asking him questions about REVo in general). Really a great guy, so I can see that IMO, customer service is there! What's it going to cost me? $850 which includes, chip + SPS3 + 4bar fuel regulator (if I need it) + forgemotorsport DV which is going to save me $$$.

Well. Got questions, comments... Hit me up! Later
Old 07-15-2003, 10:43 AM

Default happy to hear that you finally did it

you could have still done the full program and just ordered an sps3 later when he has them in stock
Old 07-15-2003, 10:47 AM

Default Thanks! You are so right, but after I went back to the shop to see if David could -m-

hook me up, I wanted to get back onto the road again! So when I found out that they didn't have the SPS3, I just told him to call me when it comes in and just made a mad dash out the door so I could drive my carrrrrrr!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 10:48 AM

Default All Audi's have 4 bar regulator, says my local dealer.

Some VW's have only a 3 bar FPR, so they need the upgrade.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:51 AM

yer gunna misit when 5hours r dun
Old 07-15-2003, 11:01 AM

LoL - Yes, I will miss it. That's why Dave - R U reading this? CALL ME as soon as it's IN!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:05 AM

Really? I didn't know that!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:07 AM

CV - The SPS3 devices just came in from Revo, I tried to call you but no answer. Give us a call.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:26 AM

Wow! Do you you need a tissue? LOL ... congrats
Old 07-15-2003, 11:30 AM

Default Why did you mention your RPM's?

It's not like they changed.

Quick Reply: WHOOHHAA!!! *GRIN GRIN* (Head out the window like a dog enjoying a nice drive). After effect of REVo