A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

WHOOHHAA!!! *GRIN GRIN* (Head out the window like a dog enjoying a nice drive). After effect of REVo

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoL. No flames here (and I don't mean the other kind). Well, I think it really depends (long) -m-

on your taste. REVo states that their chip is "invisible" - however, some here on the forum have disagreed with that, stating that any number of specific diagnostic tests will yield info that will reveal whether or not one is chipped. I guess if one were to dig deep enough, yes, I'm sure you can find some evidence related to chipping.

However, in my chats with various service reps, they say that first indication they tend to look out for, is physical evidence (such as tampering with the ECU box, soldered chip, cut bolts, leaving it in chipped mod, heavy modding to the car, etc). Other than that, they often go by what you say. Have you seen the cars they have to service in a day? And often times, they are not completed in a day. Which means that unless you give them reasons to go snooping around, they will be less likely to go digging, IMO.

I think that's where REVo shines, IMO. A chip is a chip, is a chip - whether you go Neuspeed, GIAC, APR, MTM, or REVo (am I missing any?). It'll give similar hp and torque (yet I think out of these groups, GIAC, perhaps has the most powerful chip, but no serial port programming) However, to do it without tampering the ECU box is only available currently to two chipping companies - REVo and APR.

As I have stated often on here, I want to have a fighting chance to at least have my cake and eat it too. I want the performance aspect that Audi just simply forgot and I want to maintain my warranty. However, nothing is guaranteed! You take your chances, but at least I'd prefer a fighting chance then just being a sitting duck. IMO, serial port programming gives you just that. Ability to leave everything alone, and hide its program in the pre-existing chip. If you're so worried, then you can go back to your local REVo (I'm not too sure about APR yet) and have them do a complete reflash (so that you are back to stock) before you take it to the dealership to do whatever. How cool is that? Anyway, just some thoughts... email me if you have any more questions.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the response -- good read.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just so you know, a chips are not the same :) different tuners have different styles of programming.

Just FYI i'd indulge more into it but you can find more details by searching.