A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Why did you choose to purchase a B6 Audi A4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did you choose to purchase a B6 Audi A4?

Purchase...lease...basically, why did you choose to drive a B6 Audi A4?

There is a lot of competition in this class. Off the top of my head, I can think of:

BMW 3 Series
Cadillac CTS
Acura TSX
Infiniti G35
Volvo S40
Lexus IS300
Saab 9-3
Mercedes Benz 320

So, obvioulsy...lots of choices that I wonder consider in the same class as our cars.

For me, there has always been something that has attracted me to entry level luxury German cars...just a fascination with them I guess. Of course that means I also like BMWs...but something about Audi stood out more. Maybe because I don't see them on the road nearly as much as 3 Series. I remember I used to always do a double-take whenever I saw an A4 going down the road...hell I still do.
I love how the car looks...it's just my taste. Once I test drove it, it made the car that much better. All the little features it has...and the fantastic interior. Really, the interior is what made me lean toward the A4 vs a 3 Series.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:29 PM

quality for the $$$$ and bmw 3 series too common.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:30 PM

I hear that!!!
Old 03-18-2004, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Why did you choose to purchase a B6 Audi A4?

- BMW: Image, Cost
- Cadillac: If you don't get it, I couldn't explain it.
- Acura: Nice, but FWD only. Interior nicer on Audi
- Infiniti: Don't care for style, rest is nice
- Volvo: Not bad, but not as elegant
- Lexus: Too ricey looking, lousy interior
- Saab: Pretty nice, but not in the same league at all. Quality sucks (have owned two Saabs)
- Merc: Nice, but not my bag. Interiors don't do anything for me.

Mostly you just can't beat the subtle classy styling inside and out, and the 'just right' feeling behind the wheel. Combine a good price and you have a winner. At twice the money, the M3 would be my only other consideration except even an M3 is not worth what it costs.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:43 PM

Default It was by far the best looking wagon ever......

not to mention I got the highest trade for my Passat. Although if I would have know about the problem with the headlights and no windshield washer fluid indicator, I wouldn't have.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You're kidding right...

You wouldn't have bought it if you knew it didn't have a windshield washer fluid indicator??? That's...weird. Then again, I maybe use my windshield washer three times a year here in Phoenix, so maybe there's something I dont know.

And what's wrong with the headlights?
Old 03-18-2004, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This is my 4th Audi, and I love how it looks

All-wheel-drive
Best looking interior of any car you listed
Best looking exterior of any car listed (IMO).

What immediately knocks out the jap and american cars for me is they don't have any soul. There is something about a German cars driving experience that just does it for me.

That just leave BMW, MB, & Audi for me. Since I know the Audi brand so well that puts it at the top of my list. I ordered my Audi and about a month after ordered my wifes Mercedes. Her car actually showed up about two weeks before mine. I was very impressed with the buying experience we had with Mercedes. I may consider one as my next car if they make a few changes. I told the salesman that I want AWD with a manual trans, and MB doesn't do that. If they change their ways I may look at a MB as my next car.

I don't care much for BMW's. I think it's more of an image thing that people want who buy them. That's not me.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:54 PM

my '03 sedan has an indicator...it came on today.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:54 PM

Default Absolutly not. When you have to rub snow on

your windshield on the side of a highway 3 times just to make it to the next service center, It becomes a little bit of a **** off.($40,000 + car, and a $12,000 Kia has these conveniences)Also no headlight indication for us in Canada so numerous Canadians drive at night with no headlights on. Combination between street lights, Daytime running lights and Instrument lights full bright lead you to believe you are driving with no concerns. Of Course while you think you are fine other drivers can't see you coming as well with only DRL's.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:56 PM

Nice of Audi to remove it on the 2004 CVT's don't you think.

Quick Reply: Why did you choose to purchase a B6 Audi A4?