A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

window regulator a4 2001 b6 - rear right window reset auto up down and final position

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window regulator a4 2001 b6 - rear right window reset auto up down and final position

a4 2001 b6 - quattro sedan
Was wondering if final position and auto max up/down can be adjusted?

Recently did the repair of just the green regulator plate on rear right window. Lot of fooling around - 1 fail and re-repair. So I wanted to test the window before putting all trim etc in place - so I used the buttons on the driver door to control rear window a few times - but on auto up the window went up the motor must have detected to much tension at the top of the movement and immediatly descended midway, it repeated this a few times so I thought must have the cogs of motor misaligned.

I took the motor out of the mounting by removing the 3 screws - and moved the window down 2cm to compensate - put the motor back in place. Same thing happened all the way up and instant descend to mid position.

Continuing - probaby messing things up further I ran the rear window motor via the driver door whilst it was out of the cog gear in the hope that it would go to its max position and I could just move the window up to by hand and put the motor back into the cog gear. No Success.

Now the auto up/down feature does not work on that window. Could it possibly be an error + reset via a vag computer?

thanks
Old 07-22-2018, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Found solution...

Originally Posted by wylde
a4 2001 b6 - quattro sedan
Was wondering if final position and auto max up/down can be adjusted?

Recently did the repair of just the green regulator plate on rear right window. Lot of fooling around - 1 fail and re-repair. So I wanted to test the window before putting all trim etc in place - so I used the buttons on the driver door to control rear window a few times - but on auto up the window went up the motor must have detected to much tension at the top of the movement and immediatly descended midway, it repeated this a few times so I thought must have the cogs of motor misaligned.

I took the motor out of the mounting by removing the 3 screws - and moved the window down 2cm to compensate - put the motor back in place. Same thing happened all the way up and instant descend to mid position.

Continuing - probaby messing things up further I ran the rear window motor via the driver door whilst it was out of the cog gear in the hope that it would go to its max position and I could just move the window up to by hand and put the motor back into the cog gear. No Success.

Now the auto up/down feature does not work on that window. Could it possibly be an error + reset via a vag computer?

thanks
FOUND THE SOLUTION HERE
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-...kicks-2573206/
Old 07-23-2018, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

the technique of lowering window window to max then raising up to max and holding for 5 seconds+ worked first time. Thanks
Old 07-24-2018, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Also if your having trouble with the window regulator and you need to replace or repair - the article is hard to find

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2375367/page2/