A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

wow, CRAP mileage after reflash and injectors.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow, CRAP mileage after reflash and injectors.

I put in a REVO stage II, and have driven about 150 miles on 3/4ths of a tank. I checked over the injectors REALLY closely for fuel leaks and there are none, any chance the ECU is still "learning" and it'll improve?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Do you have a banana in your tailpipe?

Possibly still adjusting but that's bad mileage... also, if you don't have new spark plugs, get new ones. Try Bosch Super Coppers, they help, especially when chipped.

You are pushing more fuel now...are you driving really hard? That's pretty bad though...that would put you around 200-250 miles per tank right now. What were you getting before?

I put in injectors a few weeks ago and haven't had much mileage difference from just the Revo "special sauce" flash and the big injector flash...possibly just a little. I still get about 350 or so miles per fillup with mix of city and freeway driving with a moderate to heavy foot.

Try doing the throttlebody alignment again (even if you did it already)...

Maybe do an oil change, or check for low oil...

Check all your tires' air...make sure their not too low...

Oh, did you "just" put the injectors in? Were you running on just Revo flash prior or have you always had the injectors?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Do you have a banana in your tailpipe?

yeah, new injectors and new plugs went in with the flash on Sat. pretty easy driving, but damn I just filled up on monday.
injectors went in with the flash on Sat.

doesn't help that the damn DIS is resetting after the car sits overnight, so I'm not getting much of a running total, though I've read posts indicating that it might not be accurate with the new injectors anyway, which doesn't make sense, depending on HOW it calcs the mileage.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:03 AM

Default it's resetting? weird...

the accuracy of my car since the injectors a few weeks ago has not changed. It's still working as it had been.

this is vexing.

See if you can call David at Ecode and ask his opinion on the matter. He knows his stuff. I have not heard of the "reset" issue or inaccuracy issue with the injectors before. David has alot of experience with it and can probably get you going in the right direction with things.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:03 AM

Dis calcs fuel use/mile based on the pulse width for the "on" time of the injectors.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default same thing happened when i went with my GIAC FX setup...

and to be honest, it took about a week for things to finally settle down with ECU adjustment. When they first went in, I could practically watch the gas gauge move when hammering on the throttle. Give it time, it will settle down.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Don't you have two different channels in your DIS?

The display for number 1 will reset after the car sits for a while, the other is a running total until you reset it. You can switch between the two by simply pressing the button once that you would use to reset the display.

Maybe I'm way off base..
Old 10-06-2005, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Yeah..it will settle down to 15 mpg

Yes, that is what I get...but then again..I enjoy my car.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:13 AM

Are you running this setup without upgrading the exhaust? Any problems running lean?
Old 10-06-2005, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default wonder if the altitude affects it.

maybe it just causes it to go pig rich until it adjusts.... since we seem to be the only two noticing it.

Quick Reply: wow, CRAP mileage after reflash and injectors.