A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

You Audi Engineers

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one word: lemming.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:39 AM

Default Re: probably 80% of Audi/BMW/Benzes in Europe are debadged.

Those in Europe who debage know about the downside of conspicuous consumption.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:42 AM
Elder Member

Default You're a stand up guy

I noticed that you having a lot of money to put on your car makes you a better person than I am, as I had to finance mine. Too bad I'm so inferior for not owning anything as good as you.....damn.

Its also too bad that I couldn't be considered equal due to:

-I probably know more about the A4 than you do
-I'm probably better looking
-I have more friends
-My significant other is much better looking than yours, and that, my friend, is a guarantee.
-I Appreciate what I have more, b/c apparently you are not intelligent enough to finance your car for the dirt cheap interest rates available, and make that money back in the market.
-And here I go being childish: I'd beat you hands down in a race

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Audi....we can be guaranteed that it will look just like the other million on the road. Please flame back for the purposes of my entertainment.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I wish I was a car engineer...I really do.

However, I'm gainfully employed as a math teacher, and I'm pretty much ok with that. I do, however, love my car. When I got it, with nine miles on it, I thought it was the best thing I'd ever driven. As I drove longer, I noticed little things that I thought might stand for improvement. Thanks to the vendors that advertise here, I was able to find some equipment that corrected the things that I thought needed upgrading. Here are some examples:

My shifter moved forward and backward with acceleration and deceleration. I put on a drive-train stabilizer. It fits in the factory position, and mounts with the factory hardware. It made the car nicer to drive, and made the shifter feel less "rubbery."

My elbow hit the armrest when shifting, making me keep the armrest in the up position. I had a professional install a short-shifter, which reduced the throw so that my wife has an armrest, now.

My car sometimes would hesitate when I applied brakes in the rain...known here as "wet-braking." I had a professional install slotted rotors, which squeegee water away when the pads grip them. I also had better brake pads installed, because I didn't like the pounds of brake dust I'd have at the end of a week.

I love the feel of powerful acceleration. My car, from the factory, just wasn't quite where I thought it could be. I had a professional install a chip, which holds turbo boost to a higher pressure under heavy acceleration. I still get great gas mileage with a light foot. I get the best of both worlds.

The exhaust tips of my car are a dull, metallic color. They aren't very pretty. In the very near future, I'm going to have a professional install a new exhaust system. In addition to enhancing the appearance of the car, this will reduce backpressure, which will help with both gas mileage and performance.

My car handles like a dream. However, it has more body roll than I'd like. In the very near future, I'm going to have a professional install new springs and shocks. I have selected these carefully to provide a mixture of daily driveability and cornering enhancement.

My windows look just like they did when the car was on the showroom, and they probably always will. My rims are the factory 16" wheels, and that, too, will probably stay the same.

My car is better now than it was the day I got it. I work hard at being a careful and safe driver, as I am usually driving with my two children in the car.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

By that logic, Dinan and BMW should never be found under one roof...
Old 02-13-2002, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

*...the kick is up...it's on its way...IT'S GOOD!!!!...*
Old 02-13-2002, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Obviously a busy day at Thompson Consumer Electronics!

Doh...gotta go teach.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:49 AM

Default *pissed off look in his face*..Do us a favor and...

please enter the confines of your humble abode..AND STAY THERE G@D DAMMIT! PUNK!
Old 02-13-2002, 05:55 AM

Default Re: HUH?

You accused me of insulting EVERYBODY!
I merely flamed the:Morons, Idiots,Dumbells, surely that doesn't apply to everybody? Does it?
Anybody who can articulate a reason for altering their vehicle other than falling in lock step with trying to be "trendy", does so with the full knowledge that they risk voiding a warranty, or creating a safety issue possibly.
And if spinetti reads this , not only did I pay cash for my A4, but neither my city or country home has mortgages, and I enjoy the pleasure of not having to work due to my early retirement and debt free philosophy
Old 02-13-2002, 05:58 AM

Default I am a "people", "clown", "dummie" and "moron" per your definition

...and proud of it.

If you are as intolerant as you appear in writing you should certainly "appreciate (your) car as the factory engineers intended it to be" since anything you attempt to change will probably only be screwed up and void your warranty. Then you can take all the free time and money you will have and seek therapy.

I pay cash by the way.

Quick Reply: You Audi Engineers