A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

2.0t just getting broken in at 15k. Great trip, 34mpg, watched a jerk get pulled over by trooper!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 07:47 PM
RKJ
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0t just getting broken in at 15k. Great trip, 34mpg, watched a jerk get pulled over by trooper!!!!

Finally broke through 31mpg. I've been checking my mileage since getting the car and usually get 30-31mpg.

First leg was only `160 miles 1/2@60mph windows down, sunroof open, 1/2@75mph w/ac. Topped off tank and calcualted mileage at 32.2

Second leg was 360 miles mostly 75mph, some in town. Filled up and calculated mileage at 33.3.

As I'm driving, I'm thinking maybe the pumps are cutting off too soon and I'm not really filling up completely. So I make a last stop at a station near home and top off tank until I can't get any more gas in the tank. Mileage divided by gas consumed comes up to 34, sweet!

Could have done even better if I hadn't floored it a few times to get around traffic and I did leave a few traffic lights at a fairly good clip.

Best part of the whole trip was watching a d&^khead get pulled over by trooper.

Speed limit is 70, but I'm running 76 in left lane and passing a long line of 18-wheelers going about 72.

Behind me is a dude going the same speed as me, but he's being tailgated by some bubba in a pickup. Dude behind me is holding steady at 2-car-legnths behind me, but Bubbah is all over his back bumper and getting really impatient.

I get around the last semi and slide over to the right lane. Dude behind me does the same thing.

Bubba nails it and blows past, followed closely by two SUVs.

They get about a half-mile ahead and then a trooper comes flying out of the woods . The trooper looks like he's either having fun or is really pissed, he's coming down the incline in the median with the car at a 45-degree angle, lights rolling and throwing sod everywhere. He was still at a 45-degree angle when he got on the pavement and smoked the tires pretty good.

He pulls over the pickup truck and Bubba is just rolling down his window as I go by (still doing 76, never cut off the cruise control). I wanted to blow the horn so badly, but figured I'd better just slide by.

What a great trip :-)