A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

2008 Audi A4 FWD MIL?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Audi A4 FWD MIL?

First off, I would like to start by saying that I am not the most familiar with cars and their components.
I recently bought my first car (2008 Audi A4 FWD), with the inline 4 cylinder 2l turbo engine. A few weeks after buying it, I got a check engine light. I immediately returned the vehicle to the dealer as it had warranty and they said they would fix it.
A month later, they call me saying they have changed over 5 parts and the engine light wasn't going away and essentially told me that the car ran fine and I should just take it back.
The dealership I purchased it from was a used car dealership, not an Audi one, and I wasn't confident they knew what they were doing so I have decided to get it properly fixed by someone else.
The engine codes were System 1 Running Too Lean, Large Vacuum Leak, and an occasional cooling system error. I have not noticed any issues and the engine has been running fine, the only issue I have noticed is after fuelling up the vehicle has trouble starting and has kind of a post-fuel hiccup.
Of course I know these codes recognize a vacuum leak but I haven't noticed any idling issues or emissions issues other than the refueling thing above.
Does anyone who is familiar with Audi's etc. have any idea what this could indicate? I do not have the exact codes or the parts the dealership replaced though I could get them if it helps.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 297 Likes on 240 Posts

Large vacuum leak might be associated with a failed N80. Difficult start after refueling was one of my symptoms, brief extra throttle needed initially just to smooth things out after the restart. I replaced the N80 and things have been good since - the N80 is a very easy replacement since it is quite accessible at the right rear of the engine when looking from the front.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot. I will see if this helps!