A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

A4 2.0T Chip Upgrade... any recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 2.0T Chip Upgrade... any recommendations?

Hey Guys! I'm a new member here. Does anyone have any advice for tuning the 2.0T? Who are some good tuners?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

stick with APR, REVO, or GIAC...

thats what most people say. i went with APR and i love it... can't say for the other 2 companies but those are the 3 most recommended chips. i'm sure they all perform very similar. if you plan on putting in an test pipe in your car then i'd suggest APR or REVO only because they have test pipe files that eliminate the check engine light.

good luck with your decision!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KillerDolphin
Hey Guys! I'm a new member here. Does anyone have any advice for tuning the 2.0T? Who are some good tuners?
Hello,

Please check out our new website http://www.speedport.us we include all profiles for one price. All software is written in house on our dyno, we also offer a money back guarantee.

If you have any questions please call 856.772.9500 or email mark@autospeed.us

-Mark
Old 04-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

go with unitronic... i have their stg 2 file with testpipe delete and love it.

but whatever tuner is the closest to you will prob just be the easiest in the long run.

but unitronic ftw!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

apr = smooth power
giac = kick in the pants
revo = similar to apr
ultraonics (w/e the name) = custom tune

It all depends what you want. look around on audizine and you'll find dyno graphs of each and you compare to what you want out of your car.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by paulk11087
stick with APR, REVO, or GIAC...

thats what most people say. i went with APR and i love it... can't say for the other 2 companies but those are the 3 most recommended chips. i'm sure they all perform very similar. if you plan on putting in an test pipe in your car then i'd suggest APR or REVO only because they have test pipe files that eliminate the check engine light.

good luck with your decision!
Paulk11087,

Thanks for the response... I agree that those tuners you mentioned have software files that perform relatively the same.

Thanks again for the feedback. Keep building up your A4!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SemiProQuattro
go with unitronic... i have their stg 2 file with testpipe delete and love it.

but whatever tuner is the closest to you will prob just be the easiest in the long run.

but unitronic ftw!!!
SemiProQuattro,

That's cool you support the tuner who chipped your A4.

I think I'll take your advice and go with a local tuner.

I'm from Michigan (Midwest region traveler) and I found a tuner (VAST Performance)in southeast Michigan who specializes only on Audi cars. I heard they have been building Audis for years and are highly spoken of.

I called them up and they said they can do a custom tune flashload with many custom tuning options. I don't know exactly what I wanna do right now, but the potential hp gains they said I can attain with my 2.0T from the chip alone are blowing me away!

-Thanks-

KillerDolphin
Old 04-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

vtracer20,

I was curious... The dyno graphs that you mentioned... are they for the chip alone? or are they with a chip and a combination of engine and exhaust upgrades?

...bcuz right now I am solely interested in seeing the max performance of the ECU upgrade from stock. I'm kinda building in stages...

-Thanks-

KillerDolphin
Old 04-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

SemiProQuattro,

That's cool you support the tuner who chipped your A4.

I think I'll take your advice and go with a local tuner.

I'm from Michigan (Midwest region traveler) and I found a tuner (VAST Performance)in southeast Michigan who specializes only on Audi cars. I heard they have been building Audis for years and are highly spoken of.

I called them up and they said they can do a custom tune flashload with many custom tuning options. I don't know exactly what I wanna do right now, but the potential hp gains they said I can attain with my 2.0T from the chip alone are blowing me away!

-Thanks-

KillerDolphin

yea my tuner... rai motorsports, in baltimore is great!!!!

but the unitronics software is amazing, never have had any issues with fuel cut or anything, nor have i heard anyone dislike it once they are running it.
I would def find a dealer in your area that specializes in this software and talk to them before deciding.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

vtracer20,

I was curious... The dyno graphs that you mentioned... are they for the chip alone? or are they with a chip and a combination of engine and exhaust upgrades?

...bcuz right now I am solely interested in seeing the max performance of the ECU upgrade from stock. I'm kinda building in stages...

-Thanks-

KillerDolphin
If you want the max performance i think all the chip companies put out about the same power. Having a custom tune will benefit your setup as the tune is done to the specific parts. The graphs you can find will show you the differance in power delivery. The Giac tends to jump to max power and tapper off while the apr/revo has a more smooth delivery of power. they all produce about he same power.

Quick Reply: A4 2.0T Chip Upgrade... any recommendations?