A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Air Bag Light-Cannot Pass NYS Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Bag Light-Cannot Pass NYS Inspection

I installed a full RS4 interior over the summer and got both the airbag lights (passenger yellow above the hvac controls) and the red one next to the cel indicator. Today I brought the car the get a NY State inspection, and the shop said that it wouldn't pass due to the airbag light on the dash. The mechanic said "you need the airbag", after which I told him that it's just the sensor. He said the the state computer would fail the car and not print out the inspection sticker.

During the last the visit to the dealer they cleared the codes and I was advised by the the service advisor that there is nothing I can do about the airbag lights except live with it.

I've read this thread https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...=air+bag+light but I'm not willing to hack up the harnesses underneath the seats.

Is there any quick fix for this so that I can pass state inspection? I mean, it's kind of ridiculous that the Recaro option was never availible on the S-Lines in North America, I was about to sell the car until I found the Recaro interior and installed it.

I know that some folks have swapped out the airbag sensors from the oem seats, but that is not a viable option for me because I sold the cheap, unsupportive oem seats.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not the exact answer that you need ....

But I know there are plenty of independent shops that would likely be willing to give your car the green light on the inspection. Unfortunately I have been out of NY for several years and can't recommend anyone specific, but I am sure there has got to be a workaround for your problem.

Good luck