A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Audi Body Shop in Boston Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Body Shop in Boston Area

Hi,

My 2007 A4 was front swiped across the front bumper and I am looking for an excellent body shop in the Boston area. Travelers (any comments on their "Concierge" program?) gave me a list, but I am nervous about picking a shop out of the blue. I want to make sure that the place does an excellent job of color matching and use only Audi parts(duhh!). Although the car looks and drives straight,I really care that the place makes sure it is.

Some thoughts include:

Anchor Body Corp-Woburn)
Bernardi & Sansossio-Natick
Prime Auto Body (part of Prime Audi), but not on Traveler's list-Westwood (I have purchased an '02 and my '07 from them.

Any other recommedations and/or horror stories would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher
Old 08-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

if insurance is covereing it, try ira audi body shop in peabody. i've gotten a lot of work done there over a few audis, and its always top notch. they just built a state of the art facilty.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Prime Audi

Thanks for the advice on Ira Body Shop.

I checked the Audi site and apparently only Ira, Hollis Autobody, and Prime Auto Body Shop (part of Prime Audi) are Audi Factory authorized Body Shops in Massachusetts. As Ira is fully booked, I was wondering whether anyone has had any experience with Hollis (Ashland, MA)or Prime (West Roxbury, MA).

Thanks in in advance,

Christopher
Old 08-05-2009, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Christopher - I have used Bay State Collision in Braintree and they did excellent work. They specialize in Audi & Porsche and do most of the collision work for Rietzl Porsche-Audi in Norwell. I saw a Cayman that they repaired that was nearly totaled and it looked great. Apparently a customer stalled it while pulling out of the dealership on a test drive and it was hit broadside. Was being sold as "repaired" for about half price with just 100 miles on it.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I used Hollis Auto Body to fix to dent that some plow put in my trunk. It was not covered under insurance so the $800 came out of pocket. Nevertheless I was very pleased with the service.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by csboit
Hi,

Anchor Body Corp-Woburn)
Bernardi & Sansossio-Natick
Prime Auto Body (part of Prime Audi), but not on Traveler's list-Westwood (I have purchased an '02 and my '07 from them.

Any other recommedations and/or horror stories would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher

I've lived in woburn my whole life and havnt heard of anchor....im surprised.

Bernardi Audi is a nightmare and a half ....i will never in my life go back there again...i bought my A4 7 weeks ago....and they have repeatedly damaged it...fixed it...damaged it ...fixed it (luckily all cosmetic)

When i had my Mk4 Jetta i went to Hanson & Tilton in arlington...they are pricey but man are they perfectionists and Wayne (the owner) is a great guy to deal with. Very well run shop.

I will tell you another place to avoid...Penta/Performance Auto in waltham....total **** job.