A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Audi warranty rant

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exactly: explore legal options

Actually, I was thinking the same thing. Do you have a good friend who's practices law? All these people need to see is a lawyer's letterhead and they cave.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You're welcome and best of luck to you on the outcome. Thanks for the compliment on the CS!
Old 06-09-2007, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chiming in with a couple of points

I don't disagree with your position. I'm all about voting for customer service with my wallet. It's all that really counts.

I have had the opposite experience with my 2 recent Audis. My dealer is awesome and the service has been awesome.

A close friend had an almost-new BMW (3-series sedan) and the battery died. It's the funky-shaped-behind-the-seat type, and so he calls the dealer. They can't give him an appointment for 2 weeks. He says, "this is the only place I know of to buy this, and it will take a whole 15 minutes, otherwise I have no car." They tell him they're sorry, but no dice.

So he called around until he found an independent service garage that had a battery, had it put in, and drove straight to the Lexus dealer and told them he didn't want a Lexus but had to trade cars, and drove away in a GS300.

Point is, it happens.

I hope it works out for you. I love my car, but I haven't been messed with yet.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I have made this very point in the past as well....

the price gap has been bridged. They're already close enough in price. Factor in Audis have horrible residuals and BMWs don't. Factor in BMWs have free maintenance and Audi doesn't.

BMW looks like a winner here.

I still don't like the styling that much, but the 335 is a hot.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Just curious, who is this "Audi North Amerian" you speak of which,

according to you is separate from "AOA (Audi of America)"?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Its because of things like this that I'm hesitant to chip my car.

If AOA is REALLY this bad, then why should I give them extra excuse to charge me more for the car?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Chiming in with a couple of points

I agree - there will always be someone with a bad experience with any product - this time it was just me.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Its because of things like this that I'm hesitant to chip my car.

I share your hesitation - some people have said Audi will "look the other way" if you chip the car - they know one of the reasons Audi is popular is because of the aftermarket mods that improve the performance, so it helps sales. However, after this experience I am without doubt that Audi will refuse to cover the engine under warranty if you chip mod your car.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Exactly: explore legal options

Thanks - I did file a complaint with BBB Auto Line and California's New Motor Vehicle Board for Consumer Mediation Services. I'll avoid the legal avenue for now - although I was thinking that this could very well be considered a safety issue since the rapid pulsation causes the vehicle to become somewhat unstable during deceleration. I haven't looked into contacting the NTSB or IIHS or similar government transportation safety organization - I'll do that now.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You might consider having an independent shop look at the rotors to make sure they are actually

warped. MORE THAN HALF of reported "warped" rotors that I have encountered from friends/family/fellow enthusiasts have actually been rotors with pad deposits where the problem could have been resolved by simply turning the rotors at a machine shop. The problem is that SO many people know so little about cars that the dealerships don't even seem to diagnose the problem anymore. They test drive the car, feel a shudder, and know that if they tell the owner it's warped rotors, cha-ching, $900.

Pad deposits can easily result from overly cautious or mild driving because the pad residue doesn't burn off like you might see on a car driven hard.

So just something to keep in mind.

Quick Reply: Audi warranty rant