A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Bluetooth voice phone book question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth voice phone book question

I have Verizon with the RAZR and it works great using the phone's address book downloaded to the car. I would like to add voice "tags" for some of the numbers.

The manual says:

1) Press mode button and select number that will be connected to voice "tag".
2) Press the talk button
3) Say "STORE NUMBER"
4) Say as prompted the "name" to be associated with the selected number twice

At that point it is suppose to connect the selected number with voice "tag". However, it asks for a phone number as if I did not select a number from the phone book.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-19-2006, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Bluetooth voice phone book question

As far as I can tell, there are three distinct phone book/directories in the A4. First, there is the directory for Nav functions. Second, there is the directory/phone book downloaded from your phone via bluetooth or the cradle if you have it.

Third, is the "voice" phone book. It does not appear to be integrated in any way with the other two. I finally read the manual and it seems that you have to manually input the voice prompt and all other info relating, including name tag and phone number. Our salesman at Audi who is pretty good and tries his best to understand these things confirmed my impression. He said the A6 implementation is better, more integrated.

I'm trying to figure out if the voice book is specific to a particular phone. I think not, but we'll soon have a second phone to see.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default The manual is incorrect?

The manual does indicate that they can be tied togther and that an "arrow" is suppose to be shown when the voice phone book uses a number from the phone book from the download.

Thanks for the help
Old 03-19-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Re: The manual is incorrect?

Hmm, totally missed that in the manual. I'll take a look tomorrow, sure makes sense that there would be some way to use the phone info for the voice book.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default My manual sez there are 50 slots for voice dialing

which maybe means that it is not integrated with your phonebook.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:40 AM

Default Having the same problem

I have the same problem. I cant integrate the downloaded part of the phone from the mode menu, and have it attached to a voice tag. It is supposed to ask you for a tag and then place an arrow next to the completed entry. Mine just keeps asking for the number.
Suggestions?
Old 03-20-2006, 07:39 AM

Default same with me

I asked the dealer about this and they have no clue. It also says in the manual that if you save a voice tag from the phone (with the arrow next to it), you should be able just press the talk button on the steering wheel and say the name for it to call as opposed to going through the whole process of saying the "select name"...
Has this quicker way worked for anyone?
Old 03-20-2006, 11:51 AM

Default Re: The manual is incorrect?

Reread the manual, now I remember trying this originally and moving on to "Store Name" command when the "Store Number" didn't work as advertised. So yeah, I agree, the manual is "incorrect" in the sense that the Tel module behavior doesn't match.

Maybe a firmware update could fix this problem? But I think some noise needs to be made for Audi to bother.