A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Bought the Diverter Valve Spacer.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greywolf1699
Absolutely. You have to take your DV off, put the spacer on then your DV will simply fit over it. I think it will actually work better with yours then the OEM one. I have mine attached to the OEM DV but yours will fit fine if not better. And id get it man, its cheap and sounds great and no it doesnt replace the DV it simply attaches to it.
How long did it take for you to install it?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evilteinman
How long did it take for you to install it?
It took me about 50 mins to instal. That includes jacking up the car and taking the mud guard off the bottom too. now, what i did was jacked one side all the way up, put a jack stand under the sway bar near the tire, then jacked the other side up and put a jack stand under the other sway bar. Leave the jack under it decompressed slightly for extra precaution and chuck the back tires, if on a slope. Get under loosen all the twist screws for cover, take cover off then reach way up to the bottom of the turbo and simply take off the screws of the dv and pull it of and slap the spacer in!!! I never done this before so 50 mins for me will prolly be like a half an hour to alot of you.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Also, if you havent already, check out the vid i posted on a thread of how it sounds. Its of how it sounds in the car, keep in mind it will be louder outside the car
Old 04-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by greywolf1699
Also, if you havent already, check out the vid i posted on a thread of how it sounds. Its of how it sounds in the car, keep in mind it will be louder outside the car
The video is what made me think of picking up the spacer. I bought the new "D" model OEM diverter valve a few weeks back and had it installed. works alot better than the original OEM, but is quieter.
Thanks for the feedback and video, now i know what i am buying this weekend
Old 04-04-2009, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm thinking about buying one, but I still think it sounds sort of ricey. It's still pretty sweet though.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

I installed one on my car this past week and its kinda quite and its not really a blow off sound.... its more like a semi letting out the air brakes! I will be weldind up an adapter piece to try and put a (real) BOV on my car... or i will block off the original space using this DV but blocking off all the holes, and putting on a BOV on the hard pipeing when i install my FMIC
Old 04-05-2009, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by deutschland06a4
I installed one on my car this past week and its kinda quite and its not really a blow off sound.... its more like a semi letting out the air brakes! I will be weldind up an adapter piece to try and put a (real) BOV on my car... or i will block off the original space using this DV but blocking off all the holes, and putting on a BOV on the hard pipeing when i install my FMIC
Its pretty damn loud for me and it doesnt sound too ricey because you can hear the DV noise at the sametime. I get comments on it actually. I like it. And if you dont want it to blow off tht bad drive normal and be lighter on the gas pedal and boom, Barely any blowoff. It blows of when i want to or if i bring up the rps up to a certian point and let my foot off the gas quicker.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gottii
ive been searching for the diverter valve spacer but i cannot find it anywhere.. its not on the forgemotorsport website either.. anyone know where i can find one?
eBay, classifieds here, Audizine or VWVortex classifieds, I just sold mine a couple days ago. Pretty sure there are 2 for sale on Audizine right now.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gottii
thank you.. ive checked ebay n criagslist etc.. but cant find it.. ill check audizine now..
No problem, I am pretty sure I saw 1 or 2 over there recently. If you need a BSH PCV Stage 1 fix let me know, I am trying to sell mine
Old 04-12-2011, 02:58 AM
Former Vendor

Thumbs up for choosing Forge. Their products are great. My friend just got one for his Avant and loves it!

Quick Reply: Bought the Diverter Valve Spacer.....