A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

China Car GPS for B7

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default China Car GPS for B7

Hi everyone,
Has anyone bought and installed an aftermarket GPS system for China Car GPS? Wondering about quality, compatibility, etc. I currently have 07 with in dash changer. Looking to put in aftermarket NAV with Ipod control and bluetooth. Thanks for any info!

http://www.chinacargps.com/audi-a4-d...html?cPath=116
Old 05-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dynavin seems to be popular with the folks over on Audizine

http://www.dynavin.com/products/product_dnv_a4.php

Here is a review and installation thread made by members that bought the unit

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...am-Mini-SD-USB

So it seems, they like it.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by WasGTIguy
Dynavin seems to be popular with the folks over on Audizine

http://www.dynavin.com/products/product_dnv_a4.php

Here is a review and installation thread made by members that bought the unit

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...am-Mini-SD-USB

So it seems, they like it.
Thanks, this looks great. Appreciate it.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Let me know how that H/U works...I got a buddy in China that can get it for me and pay in the local currency for it and send one to me. I'm wondering how good these are.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi all,

I bought a in-Dash GPS / entertainment system 3 years ago for my Volvo S60 (I know, wrong forum lol) but I thought you'd like to know my experiences.

Many of the 'China' custom In-Dash GPS systems comes from the same manufacturer. As the unit came with all-in-one benefits, I decided to buy it. I got more than I expected.

The quality of sound was equal to the standard volvo unit that came with the car, which is not superior but still good to me. The fact that I didn't loose quality of sound was already a big plus for me.

The DVD player works very well, also the 5.1 dolby surround effects. DTS 5.1 sound is not supported. Also MP3 features, but the CD or SD card can not have too many levels of folders or filenames of MP3 tracks that contains to many characters.
The screen is very clear and responds also reasonable by using the touch screen buttons. Adjusting the brightness will result in some extra power that improves the detail and quality of the pictures / video.

Bluetooth works very well, especially the hands-free function and the build-in microphone that came in my unit.

Even the TV tuner works pretty well, although I didn't buy the optional digital tuner (I tried analogue on a trip to England).

The HUGE plus of the unit is the GPS software. You can also upgrade the maps as the GPS software is installed on the SD card. I also succeeded to upgrade the GPS software, but the iGO version is very usable and complete. You can also play DVD or music while using your GPS. The GPS antenna module comes with enough length of cable, so it's really important to place the antenna on a position in the console of your car with good reception.

One thing to keep on mind when installing the unit:
The unit may use a lot more power than your original audio system. It might be possible that you have to replace the fuse in the fuse box of your car for a fuse with a higher ampere value (my car had 10 for the audio unit, I replaced it for a fuse of 20). The unit itself has also a fuse, but I'm talking here specifically about the fuse that comes in the fuse box of your car, not the one in your unit.

The owner manual contains many grammar mistakes and might confuse you, but the ISO connectors speaks for itself. In case you need to install optional items, like a back view camera or external amplifier, you probably should look up some youtube vids. I found many of them and very useful!

If you have any further questions, just ask me.

Good luck!