A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Clutch pedal sensation

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal sensation

I'm aware of the click that one feels in the clutch pedal when being depressed/released, but also when I'm slowing letting the clutch out in rush hour traffic I have a grinding sensation through the clutch pedal for the first inch or so of travel when being released. Leave the car in neutral, and the same sensation is there. Turn the car off, clutch feels smooth.

Anybody else notice this or is this not normal? Last time I had a feeling like this in the clutch I had problems with the engine (spun crankshaft bearing but highly doubt this is the case) but others mentioned a throwout bearing possibly.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Clutch pedal sensation

I don`t have that...
Old 08-05-2005, 07:20 AM

don't have this <eom>
Old 09-30-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Clutch pedal sensation

I have had this problem and it is really pissing me off!
My car, an A4 Avant 2.0 TDi, has been off the road for half a month in total whilst the garage has unsuccessfully tried to remedy the situation. The clutch mechanism has been completely replaced as has the apparently worn clutch plate. Since then the slave cylinder has been replaced too - to no effect! The loan car they gave me, the same car only a saloon, had the same problem and the mechanics said that they tested several other variations of the same model and they ALL demonstrated the same effect! Is this really what we are to expect from a supposedly prestige mark car?
My wife's Focus, some £10,000 cheaper, has a dream like clutch mechanism!
My A4 is really difficult to drive in traffic - I often stall it as I can't be utterly sure where the 'clutch bite' actually is. This is a very poor quality car and I am totally dissillusioned with the brand and also the Audi customer service department, who took over 3 weeks to respond to my concerns!
I am left in limbo with a shoddy driving experience and a long wait to change the thing! I shall also be contacting Audi in Germany to see if they have any solutions and I suggest that anyone else, who has this problem, does the same too!