A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Dealer service survey: What does "extremely satisfied" mean to them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer service survey: What does "extremely satisfied" mean to them?

I took my car in for scheduled maintenance recently. The service advisor told me to remember to say "extremely satisfied" on the phone survey. What does the "extremely satisfied" rating mean to them? What will happen to them if I say anything less than "extremely satisfied"?
Old 06-18-2008, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honestly to me as a customer....

Extremely satisfied means that everything has been done as I wanted, done on time, PLUS the dealership going above and beyond what was required.

Meeting all of the requirements, to me, should really be "satisfied".
Old 06-18-2008, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will AoA do anything to the dealer if a customer gives lousy ratings?
Old 06-18-2008, 06:19 PM

Default I think there is $$ involved. Also, I believe Audi gives your name with your rating to the dealer

and the dealer may treat you even worse next time because they know you gave them a low rating. To be honest, the whole system is a load of crap and giving a negative rating may hurt you as much or more then the dealer. I hope somebody proves me wrong and something has changed.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:09 AM

Default Well my dealer knew I nicked them for not cleaning the oil drips in my engine bay.

after an oil change.

When I went back for my next service the advisor stated he checked to make sure everything was wiped down after my service. It actially looked detailed out just like I keep it :-)
Old 06-19-2008, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default my dad slammed our dealer into the ground when he got bad service

the next time he went, they treated him like royalty.

he eventually became good friends with them, and now it's the only dealer we go to. I drove 4 hours to get my car because i wanted to go through them
Old 06-19-2008, 06:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default some of the service departments pay is determined by the survey

Audi themselves have made this much more difficult than it should be. The rating is not based on a normal division scoring table. Say that you have 4 choices. Logically you would think that extremely would give them a hundred, very a seventy five, satisfied a fifty, and not very satisfied a twenty five. BUT in reality a very satisfied is a fifty and everything else is a zero(or might as well be)
and yes the dealer gets to read the survey the very next morning and service managers usually check them every morning and go over the surveys with the advisors before customers come in in the morning.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default thats how it is with our surveys at sears

used to be if it wasn't a 10, it's a zero.

finally got changed, so it's a more even spread. 9 and 10 give a +1, 7 and 8 get a 0, and <7 gets a -1.

the total score is a split of 100

can leave you with scores of -100,-66,-33,0,33,66,100

the mentality behind this is that it would take a kickass visit to warrant a perfect 10. doing everything just right, will earn you a satisfied, but blowing them away will get you very satisfied, and a repeat customer
Old 06-19-2008, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Agreed, there is money involved

I complained once where I mentioned that I asked them not to wash my car and they did. Ever since then, when I asked them not to wash it, it's not washed and they give me a coupon to use some automated wash bay at some gas station.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:22 AM

Default extremely satiafied =100%, very satisifed=66% which equals fail.

very tough curve, for sure. I know firsthand.

Quick Reply: Dealer service survey: What does "extremely satisfied" mean to them?