A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Did you have to pay labor to get your chip re-flashed after a dealership re-flash?? Few other Q's..

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you have to pay labor to get your chip re-flashed after a dealership re-flash?? Few other Q's..

My brother had his manditory emissions update re-flash from the dealership. APR chip is gone obviously. A few questions:

1. Did you have to pay labor to get your chip put in initally? (like $60 for an hour of labor for them to hook the wires up and let it sit) Or did you just pay for the chip cost itself?

2. If you had the dealer re-flash your car, did you have to pay anything when you went to get the chip re-flashed?

3. Can you go to a different shop than the one who did the initial flash, for the re-flash, or will they try to charge you again?

4. Are you buying the chip from APR or the APR chip from that given shop?

He is having some problems with the place he got it chipped at initially. We have recently found a shop that also sells APR, and is much closer.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:25 PM

Reflash should be free. You buy the chip from APR. It would make sence to go back to who chipped it
Old 06-25-2008, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default That shop wants to charge him an hour labor, they did when he go it put in too. If you move, is...

your new local APR dealer supposed to take over your account and do your flashes for free, even if you have never paid them a penny? Like if you put an exhaust on, dont you need a flash vs just chip, do they do that for free?
Old 06-25-2008, 06:09 PM

Default i could understand a 1/2 hour labor charge, but not a penny more. my tuner charges me $0 for...

reflashes and i've been reflashed twice.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:49 AM

Default All APR Dealers should be supporting the product.

If it's a reflash do to Audi TSB the reflash should be free. My local APR dealer helps other APR customers and will probably pick up their car service business because of it.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well, looks like the Shop A lost a customer, the Audi guy there refuses to call him back...

so he talked to the owner the other day. The owner was nice but kinda blew the whole situation off, said you are supposed to pay labor for a reflash.

I dont like this shop anyway, I had my first APR exhaust rot out and I was sent to them to have them warrenty it. Sat there for 5 hours waiting, they said it would be 2 hours tops. Got charged $500 to remove and install the exhaust and shipping for the new exhaust to their shop.

Must be too busy playing with their 1000 hp BMWs to care about paying customers.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:38 AM

Default Achtuning offers free APR chip installation and free reflashes for our customers

However some shops choose to charge for this service, it's up to the individual shop.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default He got it reflashed today at the shop that is closer for free. Thanks, guess the guys at the...

the first shop are just evil. Not real hard to plug in a few wires and upload a program. I dont believe it requires a mechanic labor charge. The shop that chipped my car had to solder the actual chip on, not flash, and they didnt charge me for that. At least that would have made more sense. Trying to milk $$$ out of your customers is pretty weak.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:35 AM

Default i appreciate the way you guys do business. thank you!!!

any updates on the latest wheel shipments?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:39 PM

Default Wheel container is scheduled to hit port on the 15th

Just needs to clear customs after that then we're good to go

Quick Reply: Did you have to pay labor to get your chip re-flashed after a dealership re-flash?? Few other Q's..