A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Does anyone else feel like Classic Audi is going downhill?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone else feel like Classic Audi is going downhill?

I've been a faithful customer of Classic Audi's since I purchased my car, way back when they used to be next to the Subaru dealership on Orange Blossom Trail. Over the years however, I've noticed their customer service ideals have been slipping tremendously. The change has been so drastic that I no longer am keeping an Audi on the list of vehicles that I will be purchasing next. It's a shame too, because I think the vehicles are built with exquisite detail and I would love to own one again in the future, but the dealership service most of all, is slowly slipping to hell. Everyone from the sales on down to the service staff are preoccupied and have completely forgotten the values of customer first. The sales staff for example--unless you are coming in to purchase one of the top of the line vehicles, Rs4, R8, S5, Q7, etc. they could care less about you.

Oh, and if you're a young face, forget about it! From where I come from, every individual that walks into the show room, whether they be 18 or 65, should be treated the same. In the end of its the money that talks right?! Most of the salesmen are all young and inexperienced in the art of negotiating. The more tenured individuals don't really get much of a shot at many of the sales unless they are lucky. The sales manager is a complete pri*k who acts like he runs the entire show, and there seems to be a constant bickering going on between the sales staff and the service reps. By the way, anyone noticed the one really tall, fat sales guy with the obviously fake black wig on. He looks like a total skeezeball--the type of salesman I would run away from if he approached me. The service techs are what really pushed me over the edge. I don't know if its because the Holler family isn't paying the lower employees any attention, but the service techs all seem like they hate their job. Theres a few decent ones (Hadley) who are still there, but the majority of them have all left. For good reasoning I suppose. The service reps at the desk have awful communication, and Jamie should be severely reprimanded for his lack of customer care. He has no communication with his clients, and it has gotten to the point that the few times I've gone in there, I've considered reporting a customer complaint to Audi Usa. He has not once called me to inform me of the status of my vehicle, each and everytime, I call, I am greeted by someone at the front desk in which case I'm forced to leave a message on his machine, and if lucky, I'll get in touch with him.

The times I've gone in to pick my vehicle up, I'll have a rediculous amount of miles on my car, and I know the tech's drive it no more than a few miles to test it, and my only conclusion comes to the porters or the service reps joy riding the car around to, "make sure everythings okay." Unfortunately, the entire dealership is running itself like a monopoly, being that they are the only Audi dealer in the Orlando area, they can choose to do what they want and people will be forced to deal with their service and charges. I was sitting in the lobby waiting for my car to get fixed and I was listening to a service rep swindle a lady out of 60 dollars, to "change her signal bulbs in the front." He actually went on this long speech about how its a laborious process and its quite complicated. I wanted to take the lady outside and tell her that it takes literally no more than five minutes to change both bulbs. The amount of money the place charges if you're out of warranty is rediculous. Oh and by the way, if you're thinking about an Audi extended warranty, forget it! Keep your money, and if something happens, get rid of the car. Spending three grand on a warranty you'll never use, let alone that won't cover a single thing is pointless. Unless you don't maintain your car at all and wait for the engine to blow up, or need to have the entire transmission replaced, the extended warranty is a complete waste of money. Been there, done that.

I've been into almost every luxury dealership and each one has had its positive and negative aspects. Unfortunately Audi, has not even been on par with any of the other dealerships in terms of customer service. My honest opinion is, the car can be the most wonderful thing ever, but after purchasing the vehicle if the service is bad, you might as well kiss your entire experience with the vehicle good bye. The most powerful advertisement for any company or product are its customers, and unfortunately Audi won't be one of my choices or recommendations in the future.

I know that a few of the individuals who read this, work at Classic Audi. I've kept a lot of things out of this thread, but I know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I am in no way trying to slander Audi's name, or simply joined to bash Classic Audi. I've been a member here for several years, however I created this account for anonymity.
I know there are customers who have the exact same feelings as myself, and I hope that you can take this thread and use it as a means of making your dealership better. For the rest of you, whether current or prospective Audi customers, take this as a grain of salt, and feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
Default My thoughts...

It sounds to me like that dealership is terrible, but I really don't think this has anything to do with Audi or their product (not that you said it does). It's unfortunate that you don't have any other options since there aren't any other Audi dealerships in your area. I've had nothing but amazing customer service from my local dealer. I've had them diagnose and even fix minor problems on my first A4 at no charge (years after I was out of warranty), and they've even told me where I can buy parts or have something fixed for less than them. You should tell Audi about your experiences (see attached link). I bet their GM and/or owner will get a call from Audi corporate pretty damn quick if they hear about this crap (especially if they're the only Audi dealership in the state). Good luck with whatever else you end up driving <ul><li><a href="http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/Company/Contact_Us.html">Audi customer care adress, phone#, and e-mail info.</a></li></ul>