A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

E3 spark plugs.... Garbage!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E3 spark plugs.... Garbage!

I'm not sure if I should be mad at myself or at E3 Automotive Plug. I did my own 55k service on my B7 2.0 about a week ago. When I was purchasing the spark plugs the sales person showed me these "new" E3 spark plugs. They have this weird 3 point type head on them that's supposed to make it better, more power and better fuel economy. Well tonight on mother's day when I was on my way home from taking my wife out my car starts to feel likes it wanting to shut off and engine light starts to flash. I pull into a parking lot right away and call the audi 24 hour road side assitance. They come tow it to the dealer and I go home. I get a call from the dealer telling me that they haven't checked it completely but it seems like it's a bad spark plug. I've never had this happen even with the cheap Autolite spark plugs. Can't believe they advertise better performance when its made so poorly. So if any of you do your own tune ups stay away from E3 spark plugs they're garbage! like the guy said at the dealer, just replace your plugs with the kind that where in there before lol
Old 09-25-2009, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Motorcycle spark plugs have already caused several misfires. It can also tend to break into two when you try to remove them. These are instances when you are wasting money over low quality and non-durable spark plugs. It is wise to go with the motorcycle parts manufacturer’s recommendations. You can get a spark plug gauge to make sure the gap is the right distance. There is often a sticker under the hood that tells you the right steps to take in this regard. Check your manual if there is no sticker or if you are not certain.