A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Got the sport suspension now i regret it

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think you will be 1K happy - give it time you will get use to it. It's really not that bad
Old 01-01-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Got the sport suspension now i regret it

you got the sport suspension option and hate it?
avant or the sedan?

i passed on the sport susp option on the avant i got this weekend .. the ride is sweet, but i have been considering getting some aftermarket suspension .

what does audi use for the sport susp option?
Old 01-01-2007, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Re: True, but the std springs are a hell of a lot more "floaty" than the sport suspension.

So, whats the answer that will not void my warranty? just springs? shocks?
Old 01-01-2007, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Do you realize that at lease end if you return the car the originals needs to be put back on?

So it'll cost more then $1k.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Re: Do you realize that at lease end if you return the car the originals needs to be put back on?

yes, i do.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One thought...probably isn't this but worth looking at.

Make sure the dealer removed the suspension shipping blocks...
Old 01-01-2007, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Re: One thought...probably isn't this but worth looking at.

thanx...will do.. the car is going in for the xm, mud flaps and the glovebox....damn thing... i just have not gone in the complain yet.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default There isn't one that wouldn't "void the warranty"

The warranty is void only if there is a "logical link" between the broken part in question and the modification. Even then, warranty is void only on the parts in question, not the entire car.

e.g. #1 - They can't void the warranty on a dead turbo if you mod the suspension.

e.g. #2 - They probably will void the warranty of a bad control arm if you mod the suspension.

And please use subject line for short replies.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Elder Member

Default From that, it sounds like your definition of "floaty" is slightly different from normal.

"Floaty" typically is used to describe a situation where the shock is not very stiff, causing the suspension to react more softly to bumps on the road, provding a more comfortable ride. Which caused my original question about contrdictory terms.

I think I understand what you are saying, though. What you are seeking is a more comfortable ride, where the suspension doesn't necessarily have to make you feel everything on the road. That is probably what the standard suspension will do for you, but good luck on getting an Audi dealer to swap it out. You're most likely looking getting someone else to do this for you.

FWIW, my wife loves the sport suspension in our S-Line. I was also concerned that she would think it was harsh, but she loves the way the car handles.

Good luck!
Old 01-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Elder Member

Default Interesting, but it sounds pretty odd...

for an Audi OEM shock to have too firm for high speed damping, yet not stiff enough for low speed damping.

It sounds like his definition of "floaty" isn't necessarily what you described, as he described it as "every little ripple in smooth pavement is felt. that is what i mean by floaty".

To me, that's simply a suspension that's too stiff, causing you to feel everything on the road. If it was floaty by normal definitions, I wouldn't feel everything, as the shock would do a better job of damping out more road imperfections.

Quick Reply: Got the sport suspension now i regret it