A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

http://www.autospies.com/news/Audi-Sales-Up-14-7-For-March-13904/

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.autospies.com/news/Audi-Sales-Up-14-7-For-March-13904/
Old 04-04-2007, 07:08 AM

bring on the next A4, S4 b8 to really surpass the 3-series!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:24 AM

Default IMO Audi is better than BMW, but here in image-conscious America, it's all about the badge.

"Actually what amazes me is how Audi does so well worldwide and is lackluster in the U.S. Just this past weekend there was a conversation about the movie Transporter 2 (in which the main character drove an A8) - the guy commented "I loved that car - it was a Bimmer right?". I guess Audi just doesn't push it's name out there...? "
Old 04-04-2007, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default what a fool. Audi hasnt been around as long in the US and doesnt yet cost as much.

Us is like the more you spend the better it must be. Who cares if its ugly or a POS if it costs a lot then that means you have money and thats all that matters. And the not so loaded people who think its ugly just think that... its beyond themselves and only the high maint rich people can understand the design... its a exclusive thing. Its not ugly we just dont understand.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:27 AM

Jason Statham drove a 7 series BMW in the first one
Old 04-04-2007, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default here is the problem...

BMW intentionally lags its model releases on off years from Audi (or visa versa...who knows who really started that idea)...so...Audi releases the rs4, a 420hp 4.2l v8, three years later the e93 m3 comes with the same hp, smaller displacement, significantly less weight. so...while the rs4 is the "it car" today, the m3 is tomorrow.

a4...same thing! 200hp 4cyl turbo b7 comes out, fast forward a couple of years and you have higher HP examples of the 3 series, then the 335 bi-turbo to eclipse them all!

my point is thise...with the e9x 3ers out there at high levels, Audi better fire back with something damn impressive balance and HP-wise...because every model year, Audi is falling further behind the curve...and while we all may preach that our cars are better interrior this and ergo that, there is NO replacement for displacement in this market segment. people WILL pay a premium for a "faster" car, and BMW has proven that over and over and over and over.

disclaimer: i am as huge an audi fan as ever, but given that i had to dump as much $$ into my car to geven get it to hang with 330s as i did, i can admit my favorite marque's weak point...and HP is it!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default they are just different cars. You cant take 2 different cars and compare them only

on HP numbers. Audi isnt behind, Audi is audi.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default i agree and disagree...they are in the same market segment, and at least are...

percieved to be general compeditors across the board. in fact, of the euro brands, these two are compared and contrased more than any other. in the US market, HP sells...end of story. "Audi is Audi" is absolutely correct. it has its strong and weak points. again, i am as big a fan as any out there, i love my car with a relatively unleveled amount of enthusiasm...but im no "fan boi" and can admit the brands shortcommings. people in this segment generally arent sold on gas miliage...or far less "aapealing" american cars wouldnt be selling with far higher HP ratings. is it one factor amung many, of course! but 80% of people that buy these things make their decision on ONE thing alone...image (and no, i can not substantiate that remark)...a further 95% will never mod them...and plain and simply...BMW has and enjoys far better branding. this is due, in no small part to their marketing, the "drivers feel," and the balance of their cars. IMO, Audi accels in many other classes of vehicle higher in the luxury range (a6, a8, s series)...but base a4 is suffering HEAVILLY to the 3ers. this is even more evident with the elimination of the lower HP 325 for the 328 (a 330 basically), the coups, Xi which is now fairly comparable to the 60-40 biased quattro systems, and the 335 now coming in sedan, and shortly AWD Xi form.

my point is this...Audi has one model year to come up with something good, or it will begin to lag quite a bit in this race. they will have had 2 years of existing BMW platform to meet or exceed...and honestly with the current engine offerings, i dont see that happening....all the interrior luxury and refinement aside.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:03 AM

Default 2nd...I needed 4 doors, AWD and a 6speed....otherwise I would have

purchased a 335 after owning my B5 S4, but the AWD combined with a 6speed was a kicker for me. I didn't like the build quality of subarus and the Evo.

different cars with different intentions, IMO.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I like to think Audi makes cars independant of BMW's existance. It doesnt seem

like they sit down and decide to make thee car that will beat a bmw in every segment. Audi has it all for me. Id like more HP but that is the only con, bmw for me has several. So I chose Audi. Im probably not the typical US resident.

Quick Reply: http://www.autospies.com/news/Audi-Sales-Up-14-7-For-March-13904/