A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

IYO what are the best options on the B7

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IYO what are the best options on the B7

I think the Sport package and 6-speed are a must. What options do you think are the best options for the money and what are the options you couldn't live without?
Old 04-11-2005, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the nav

I thought it would be an ok feature, but it turned out to be my favorite gizmos on the car. It's so very handy.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:35 AM

Default You can live without tire pressure monitor/sunshades.

I'm fully loaded without those items. I don't miss them personally, in the for what it's worth department.

I really love the upgraded sound with XM in my Nav and just ordered a 1 gig SD card for packing full of MP3's.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: IYO what are the best options on the B7

"I think the Sport package and 6-speed are a must."
-------
You think manual (which is not an "option") is a must for someone who neither does, nor desires to, drive one?

What use is the sport package in the San Francisco metro area where it never snows, only rains 4-5 months of the year, and traffic is abominable?

I would think that the Nav and premium packs are pretty important, esp. the premium if you want the Nav. I also hate headlights in my side mirrors so lighting pack.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:05 PM

I plan on getting the windows tinted anyway
Old 04-11-2005, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default if i was getting a b7 which im not... i wouldnt take it without xenons or navi...

everything else can be easily fixed like suspension and rims, stereo (you could def do better)... and id rather hardwire an ipod or use 2gb of sdcards (with the navi) then have satellite radio

and assuming 6 speed isnt an option... (meaning tiptronic is the option... dont know how the b7 prices but i assume quattro tip is more money than a 6 speed quattro)

meaning id take a 6 speed quattro manual as the basis for the car....

but i got turned off by 38,860 for a 2.0t a4... so im gonna be waiting for the next gen TT...
Old 04-11-2005, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

The NAV is awesome....
Old 04-12-2005, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: the nav

I just don't get the number of people spending the money on this thing, and I've been using GPS units for years (more on my bike, but my current one does a nice job in car as well with voice etc.). Sure if it was free, or even the price of a good GPS like mine, but at that price there's a lot of other things I could spend my money on. Granted, if you have the car for a job that requires a lot of hunting up addresses etc. it would be great, but on my commute to work, running errands, etc. I just don't see any benefit. I'll just throw my Garmin in when I go for a longer trip.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default its for looks as much as function...

a screen is nice at breaking up the monotony of the dash without going and getting an aftermarket popout headunit that wont match...

not to mention atleast for you b7 guys the navi has sdcard slots so you can have 2 gb of music...

i wouldnt drive a b7 without navi and ive never driven somewhere i didnt know how to navigate... generally a quick printout on mapquest works fine...

no matter what car i get next it will have navi (unless thats not an option) hopefully the next gen TT has nav + !!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Automatic Lighting System

All the bells and whistles are nice(Nav and such) but, so far the auto light system is my favorite. drive into a tunnel and the lights come on. lock and unlock the car at night and it provides light around the car.

The (around the corner looking lights) are a hoot too! My wife is sure I'm going to be pulledd over and threatened with a DUI just for making the lights do their thing

Quick Reply: IYO what are the best options on the B7