A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Jeez, what is it with Audi/VW and decontenting???

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Enjoy!

<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2514643.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2514643.phtml</a>

There was also the issue of EVERY 335 overheating and shutting down at a track event when not even being pushed that hard.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting story and all, but...

I'll worry about it when it happens to me. BMW's not exactly known for disposable engines. If I do run into problems, then I'll have it fixed on BMW's dime. Until then, I'll be enjoying the hell out of my 335. ;-)
Old 10-28-2006, 06:33 AM

Default No they are not; most people keep their cars less than 3 years on a lease.

You would not have to pay much; plus at $550 it is still a bargain.
A 15k service on a Lexus will run you.....$400!!!
we sell a good portion of the Audi Care program but for most people it is not a priority; cup holders are!!
Old 10-28-2006, 06:57 AM

Default Interesting that these complaints are becoming commonplace

It's not often that you read about blown turbos on an Audi....even when chipped.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default As I already said, maintenece is essentially free on my lease...

... since it improves residual value by a point, therby making it a wash.

And yes, the driver's memory seating is the one feature available on the 3.2 that is not available on the 2.0T. Is that enough to cry out in outrage? I think not.

My 2.0T is equipped to the brim, and vastly, vastly more feature-rich than a similar-engined B5 or B6 (Power seats, full screen Nav, Bluetooth, rain/light sensor, voice activation, SD card playback, not to mention the better engine and suspension). One less memory seat feature for 2007 2.0T models is not going to change my opinion of that.

Once again, I did run the numbers when I was deciding between a 2006 and 2007 A4. The 07 was the better deal.

The bigger picture here is that we have all gotten used to Audi taking a loss on cars in NA. Now that Audi is gaining momentum and market share, prices will rise. Personally I don't mind.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nothing new. Audi changes the options for the I-4/V6 midway through the model life

Happened with the B5. B6. And B7.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's not my point.

I don't expect Audi to take a loss -- I fully expect to pay for everything in my car.

What I don't appreciate is when they eliminate content as a cost-cutting measure. If I wanted to save money I'd buy a Chevy. It's presumptuous to eliminate content when they could just raise the price -- especially when that content remains available only on more expensive models or in expensive packages.

It's not the same as taking a standard feature and making it optional. By tying formerly-standard features to things I might not want to buy in my next car -- Quattro, a bigger engine, or other high-end options, for many of us those features often stop being an option altogether.

This doesn't always help Audi. As the owner of an 05, my lateral options aren't as nice as the car I have -- I'd really have to trade up significantly, or I'd lose ground. As a result I'm more reluctant to trade this car for a similar Audi, and the Japanese options are once again looking better.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:37 AM

Default Wow does the 335i come up in every thread? WTF?

Judging by this board, BMW nailed it. A thread about Audi decontenting? Test Pipes? Driving in snow? Doesn't matter, it all leads back to the twin turbo Bimmer.

As far as decontenting.. the '07's do have the big options for less, and they aren't all bundled together as much, so you can keep the price lower. But for guys like me that get most of the options, losing the DIS and memory seats would feel like a step down from my '05.5.

So I would HAVE to get a 335i. :-)
Old 10-28-2006, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

MEH... Bangle=POO! Get a pooper scooper and get that crap outta here...
Old 10-28-2006, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default EXACTLY!! GO JOIN A BMW FORUM WITH THAT CRAP!!

I've owned both. I will never buy another BMW.

I did test drive an '06 330i before I bought my Audi. They are crap- the dashboard looks like it's straight out of a Chevy Cobalt, the car feels and drives heavy- the shifting was clunky and as always for some reason the pedals feel so disconnected from the car. MEH... And that's before you talk about the BANGLE lead-design.

If you only buy the car for the options- you are missing the real fun of an Audi. Once you've experiecned both on a long term basis, you'll be buying Audis.

Quick Reply: Jeez, what is it with Audi/VW and decontenting???