A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

My window is possessed with sprit of Elvis!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 04:05 PM
HS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My window is possessed with sprit of Elvis!

I swear!

Window goes up, comes right back down, or does a little up/down dance.

I had window freeze before, but never "dance"

Pull up on botton, window goes up about half way, goes back down, then goes back up.... all on it's own.

Honest I haven't hit the beer (yet), anyone else ever have window freak out?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Re: My window is possessed with sprit of Elvis!

Weird! my window did something similar. Had the window half way open and went to close it. When i pulled the button it went all the way up then down and back to half way.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:04 AM
HS

Well there goes my Elvis theory, guess I have to call the news paper back

Wait to here what the dealer has to say about this.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Mine did that the day I picked the car up (10/1/05). I brought it right back to the dealer and they freaked out, made an service appointment for the following Monday AM. I also had the front passenger seatbelt not retracting, just hanging kind of loose and rattling like the dickens. About 15 miles later I hit a major pothole on the highway, the seat belt "clicked" and returned to the normal positon, never to rattle or mis-behave again. At the same time the window (it was the driver's window) started operating normally and has ever since. I took the car in that next Monday and the dealer found nothing - said it was "mysterious". They believed me though since I had returned the car to the dealer and showed the salesman within 15 minutes of picking it up, and the salesman brought out other sales staf and the operations manager. They all swore they'd never seen anything like it. The window would freeze, go up and then immediatley down, get stuck and just stay halfway. If you waited a minute or two it might go one way or the other, or stay stuck. Quite distressing!! It is now 5 1/2 months and 5,000 miles later and neither problem has returned. The ghosts were there. I personally thought it was related to the seatbelt. These days seatbelts are connected electrically to the warning chime and warning light circuits via some computer-like device. Maybe with the seat belt intermittenly sending signals when it was stuck and jiggling, the computer was getting a bunch of crazy mixed signals and couldn't cope, making it tell the window to act jiggly too. Maybe that sounds far fetched, but the instant the seatbelt "clicked" back to normal I tried the window and it operated flawlessly and hasn't skipped a beat since.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:57 AM

Default My dealer replaced the switch

But that didn't fix the problem completely. You may want to reset it with your keys from outside. Lock and rollup windows and then do the opposite. Works sometimes.