A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Need some help with Aftermarket Head Unit + Sub + Amp Install A4 B7 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with Aftermarket Head Unit + Sub + Amp Install A4 B7 Sedan

Hi All,
I just purchased an A4 2007 (B7) sedan with the non-Nav, non-Bose Factory Stereo. I am planning to add a Pioneer AVIC X920BT head unit along with a 12" 800W sub plus a new amp for it. I will keep the front and rear speakers that are currently in the car. I believe i have found a good place to run the power cable through the firewall on the passenger side just to the left of the battery. Now i am trying to figure out how to pull up the various trim pieces to run new wire from the HU to the rear speakers and wires to the trunk for the sub/amp. I would like to be able to return the factory HU and wiring in the future if i sell it. I could also tap into the wires that go from the current amp to the rear speakers but i found it difficult to remove the side carpeting covering the factory amp/sub. It seemed to catch in 2 places, the lip of the trunk and where it intersects with the hinge of the back seats and i couldn't figure out how to get it to release.

So i am looking for any instructions people can point me toward to help me rewire the rear speakers and run wires to the trunk. I am basically a newbie so i am looking for explicit instructions hopefully with pictures of exactly how the different trim panels pull out. I will also do my best to document the procedure for the next weekend project warrior.

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 08' with no nav/ non Bose and am interested in putting in the exact Pioneer AVIC X920BT. Definitely let me know how it works out and any pics would be great. I'm probably going to buy it in a month or so.

Originally Posted by aargyle
Hi All,
I just purchased an A4 2007 (B7) sedan with the non-Nav, non-Bose Factory Stereo. I am planning to add a Pioneer AVIC X920BT head unit along with a 12" 800W sub plus a new amp for it. I will keep the front and rear speakers that are currently in the car. I believe i have found a good place to run the power cable through the firewall on the passenger side just to the left of the battery. Now i am trying to figure out how to pull up the various trim pieces to run new wire from the HU to the rear speakers and wires to the trunk for the sub/amp. I would like to be able to return the factory HU and wiring in the future if i sell it. I could also tap into the wires that go from the current amp to the rear speakers but i found it difficult to remove the side carpeting covering the factory amp/sub. It seemed to catch in 2 places, the lip of the trunk and where it intersects with the hinge of the back seats and i couldn't figure out how to get it to release.

So i am looking for any instructions people can point me toward to help me rewire the rear speakers and run wires to the trunk. I am basically a newbie so i am looking for explicit instructions hopefully with pictures of exactly how the different trim panels pull out. I will also do my best to document the procedure for the next weekend project warrior.

Thanks!