A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Need to turn my new A4 into an Evo killer and I can't find the parts!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to turn my new A4 into an Evo killer and I can't find the parts!

Hey all,
I just bought a 2006 Audi A4 Quattro with a six speed and the 3.2 V-6. Good looking car, with Ocean Blue paint and platinum leather. Also has a sport suspension on it and next week when my shipment arrives I'll be throwing on a set of BBS RS-GT 18 inch wheels with Goodyear rubber. Monday it goes in the shop for an Aero Turbine exhaust.

A little background on me, I'm big into the import tuner scene in Dallas. That's guys that actually mod their car other than stickers. The ride I traded on this is was a Honda S2000 which was running a 250 shot of N20, some internal engine mods, computer reprogaming, and other stuff. Pretty fast car when I could get it to hook up, fastest pass I made in the 1/4 was in the 11.3's. Well the hot thing now is AWD cars like the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo and the Subaru Impreza WRX STI. Theres quite a few heavily modified Evo's and WRX's around that absolutely smoked my Honda on the 1/4. I just knew I had to get in on the AWD action but I couldn't rip off everyone elses design and be one of the crowd.

Which brings me to my Quattro. Performs great as is, I'm impressed with the engines specs, shifts nice, great throttle response and I've seen bank vaults that aren't built as solid as this car. However I need it to be fast, real fast. I want to get this car in the mid to high 10's. Also it has to be on motor this time, no N2O. Can somebody please post some links to where I can get performance parts for this car? Even if they're in German thats fine, I can read and speak German pretty well. Obviously I'm not worried about voiding the warranty or spending some serious money. I just want a fast Audi that will smoke built Evo's and WRX's all day long. I was thinking of going with a turbo set up, although with the 12.5:1 compression I'll definetely need to keep the boost down if I still want to run on pump gas. Computer mods are always good as are cam changes. I'd like all the info I can get at this point and I'll take it from there.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to getting this car built and representing Audi well on the street and the strip.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:18 AM

You will never turn an A4 into an Evo killer....
Old 12-04-2005, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Wrong car for the task
Old 12-04-2005, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default You bought the wrong car. Take it back...

An Evo has a turbo four motor that is easily modded. You bought a NA car with a motor in it's first year of production. There is nothing available for that motor. You would likely spend over 20 grand researching and developing a turbo or supercharger kit and it would likely run nowhere as fast as an older stage 3+ 1.8T turbo car. The 2.0T will have upgraded turbo options probably in a year or so. Either get one of those, or if you are actually looking to go fast, get a B6 A4 and put a stage 3+ kit on it. The only option you really have at this point is to put the absolute best suspension and weight savings components you can on your car. It probably weighs 400lbs more than an EVO. Look at the Stasis Motor Sport suspension. It is the best and you'll need it for track work but for 1/4 mile times i'm afraid you're screwed. I'd take out all the seats in the car and go with a LW Sparco/Recaro. Kill the sunroof, put a LW battery in the place your spare tire used to be. Kill all the sound deadening. Put in a titanium exhaust, put in a LWFW (the chattering will kill you thoug), replace the brakes with a similarlly sized AP Racing setup (lightest brakes that are worth a damn), get rid of the glass in the car and go with lexan. You can attempt nitrous, but i'm sure you'll blow the motor...positive you will. Congrats on the new car though and welcome. cheers! Mike
Old 12-04-2005, 12:21 PM

are you joking?
Old 12-04-2005, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Should have bought a Dodge Neon instead or ...

a Corvette Z06 which is fast and still stylish.

Seriously, an A4 is not a sportscar, it is "einen Familienwagen" for people who appreciate refinement.

Here is an idea: I'll trade you for my 99.5 B5 1.8T 5spd quattro, the best A4 model year/type for modding. I am surprised you did not know that, being big into the import tuner scene and all.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:46 PM

Modability: 2.0T > 3.2
Old 12-04-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: You bought the wrong car. Take it back...

First off, I do not have the wrong car and no I'm not joking. I can't even count all the people who told me I couldn't get my S2000 below 12's. I did it, and consistently. All it took was time and money. With enough of both anything is possible. How about a list of tuner shops that specialize in VW/Audi engines? Any good shops come to mind?
Old 12-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default You should've kept your S2k...so you ran 11.3 with 250 shot...hmmmm

I'm sorry but your goal is very unrealistic. You ran a 250 shot of nos in your s2000...are you serious. Are you a member of s2ki board. By the way, I also own a sc'd s2000. Just enjoy your 3.2 as it's an awesome car...but if you bought it to beat evo's...you should buy another car.

Also, if you ran 11.3 with your s...why did you sell it? 11.3 is plenty fast to beat most modified evo's...good luck man.

And I'm very doubtful you ran a 250 shot of nos in your S...
Old 12-04-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: You should've kept your S2k...so you ran 11.3 with 250 shot...hmmmm

Yes I ran a 250 shot on my S2000, however the engine was built for it. I think the block was still factory but everything else had been modified or replaced. Reason I sold the S2000 is that I got a little bored with it and I wanted to build something else. Once I take a car as far as I can I tend to get rid of it and start a new project. As far as the A4 goes, I'll see what HPA has to say about a twin turbo set up. With a cryo kit on the intercooler, some work on the engine management computer, and some other tweaking I'm sure I can get it to go much, much faster than it is. Right now I'll be the only guy in my club running a non Japanese car. Which puts a fair amount of pressure on me to pull this off, but I have confidence in myself and my mechanic. We'll figure it out even if we have to have parts FedEx'd from Germany and adapt them to a US spec car.

Quick Reply: Need to turn my new A4 into an Evo killer and I can't find the parts!