A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Neither OCT nor APR are in fact Flashing for the ME9.1 for 2.0T FSI

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neither OCT nor APR are in fact Flashing for the ME9.1 for 2.0T FSI

Neither OCT nor APR are in fact Flashing for the ME9.1 for 2.0T FSI! They just rewrite some of the parameters in the ecu units program â€" they do not change the original program in a proper way â€" this is a shortcut, which cannot be good for the car in the long run.
These systems only set the ecu unit in a demo mode, and some injection parameters are changed.
I got the message some days ago that APR does overwrite some parts of the program in the ecu unit â€" but they are not reading the unit first â€" so what about the checksum â€" and other security settings in the unit??
Does nobody care about their car enough to be sure that all data and communication from and to the unit is being done correctly?
It has to be a huge joke when somebody is trying to flash a car by using MS Internet Explorer - it is not possible to communicate with the unit through Explorer since the speed of the communication with the ecu unit is too high! No Internet line is fast enough to make this communication happen, since the ecu unit will stop communicate if the speed is too slow.
The only real flashing system for ME9.1 today is the OptiCan Flasher â€" which does indeed read and write from and to the ecu unit, with all checksum, security and communication settings intact.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice use of bullets in the text...looks swell
Old 08-03-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Wrong!!! Your post is 100% false, misleading and ignorant!!!

You obviously have not a clue what you are talking about. While I cannot speak for the OCT product, the APR product for ME9 vehicles reflashes the entire flash EPROM (save the bootsector) on the ECU with a completely reoptimized binary. This is done using the CAN KW2000 reprogramming routines. All checksums and factory communications remain intact. This is <B>EXACTLY</B> the way the factory reprograms these units. Do not confuse our work with what others may be doing. Unlike every one of our competitors with only one exception, we do all of our software tool programming and calibration in-house. APR has no need to rely on euro hack-shops for reprogramming software. I am sorry if you find this hard to believe.

As for use of Internet Explorer, it is used as a user interface for our dealer network. Freespeed, you need to try and think outside of the box a little more. Of course all communications are not passed from the ECU through the internet back to the server. There is client software on the PC that handles low-level communications between the PC and ECU. An internet connection is more than fast enough to support the reflashing process without serving as any bottleneck whatsoever. More information can be found under our patent application no. 10/922,011 "Web-enabled Engine Reprogramming" of which I am one of the three inventors.

I would advise that you do some research before posting any more misinformation. As you have only 3 posts and judging by your name and broken English, it seems to me that you have a certain agenda here.

Brett
APR
Old 08-03-2005, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neuspeed Propganda. Great. Go away troll.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Brett, any ETA for public consumption of your software?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:49 AM

The A4 2.0T software is available now, with A3 2.0T scheduled for release on Friday.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Brett, how come the A4 2.0t software isn't on your website
Old 08-03-2005, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Woohoo!!! I'll start saving my pennies...
Old 08-03-2005, 12:08 PM

Hmm.. Good point. I'll check into this. Our web guy just got back from vacation.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Wrong!!! Your post is 100% false, misleading and ignorant!!!

I know technology is available for other cars such as STI &amp; EVO. (reference cobbtuning.com : accessport) So, I don't see any reason why APR would not be able to do it. Personally, I purchased 93OCT map at WF this year for my B7 A4. Not having Boost &amp; EGT gauage for my car does sometimes cause me to wonder how the car is running. Matter of fact, I do feel more lag like boost delay in the lower gears during WOT pulls. Reviewing the dyno chart, I felt that it would be optimum to shift around 6K rpm. So, when I shift at 6K, going from 1st to 2nd, I feel the turbo lag like delay. What I ment by that is turbo seems to be running out of breath. After a second or so, the car pulls really hard again. I can not really tell if it's the TURBO not being able to support the target boost immediately after shifting or if there is really a problem with AUDI ECU in transitioning gears in the 6 speed quattro. As a comparison, if I shift at redline, I don't seem to experience the delay.

As a reference, I've been drivng manual transmission cars as long as I obtained my license. Also, my last car was low 12 second in 1/4mile. I don't think it would be my shifting which caused hesitation.

It would be nice if APR could provide some data such as BOOST curve, EGT info, and AFR for the 93OCT stage1 map....

Quick Reply: Neither OCT nor APR are in fact Flashing for the ME9.1 for 2.0T FSI