A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

New B7 APR/Carbonio Intake now shipping!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New B7 APR/Carbonio Intake now shipping!!!

Carbonio B7 A4 2.0T Cold Air Intake

APR is proud to be the Authorized Distributor for Carbonio Cold Air Intake (CAI) systems. Manufactured from aerospace grade carbon fiber, Carbonio further improves this material by incorporating a proprietary thermal barrier layer in its construction. The result is an exceptionally light and strong part that minimizes intake temperatures. This ensures that the engine optimizes power by receiving the coldest and most oxygen rich air possible.

Carbonio's line of intakes for Audi automobiles represent the pinnacle of induction design. Extensive testing has resulted in an intake that maximizes performance in all driving conditions. Power will come on sooner and the engine will pull for longer and stronger.

Benefits of the Carbonio CAI System include:

Increases Horsepower and Torque
Improves Throttle Response
Decreases Turbo 'Lag'
Flattens Torque Curve (engine is less 'peaky')
Improves Fuel Economy
Enhances Engine's Volumetric Efficiency
Enhances Sound of Turbo Diverter Valve
Works with All Aftermarket Diverter Valves
Installs in an Hour (does not require bumper or headlight removal)
Maintains All Factory Emissions Components
Fits Both Manual and Automatic Transmissions
Unique Thermal Barrier Composite Construction Ensures Low Inlet Temperatures
Fully Compatible and Complimentary with APR Software and Exhaust systems
Each Carbonio A4 Kit Includes:

Aerospace Grade Carbon Fiber Main Section Ensures Inlet Temparatures Stay Low
Carbon Fiber Main Section has Show Quality Finish
Complete Photographic Instructions
Filter Design Eliminates Need for Secondary Air Pump
All Necessary Hardware Included for Easy Install without Cutting Or Modifying
More information and photos available at: http://www.carbonio.net

These intakes have been a huge hit and really transform the car.

Stephen/APR<ul><li><a href="http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/intake_carbonio_b7a4.html">http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/intake_carbonio_b7a4.html</a</li></ul>
Old 03-21-2006, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Sounds good but...where are the Dyno charts?....

I mean...from K&amp;N to stuff on ebay...everybody likes to claim torque and HP gains...but I have never seen a Dyno chart of before and after such intake "improvements"

Are the statements..."Increases Horsepower and Torque" and "Flattens Torque Curve (engine is less 'peaky')" made by the seat of your pants feeling, or do you have actual proof to make such claims?

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dynoing an intake is not the best way to test one...

since obviously a stationary dyno cannot replicate the air flowing into an intake on a car that is on the road, but yeah itd be fine to see dynos. More interesting is the increase in airflow it provides over stock or KN filter which are substantiated by many users...<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4b7/msgs/35826.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4b7/msgs/35826.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 03-21-2006, 02:17 PM

You beat me to it.. : )
Old 03-21-2006, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default So you get better air flow according to your data logging...

But that still doesn't necessarily translates to increases in HP.

The proof is in the pudding...Dyno the car before an after and let's see the "flatten" torque curve and increased horsepower that they are claiming to have.

If Dynoing the intake is not the best way...how do they came up with these findings? Seat of the pants?

I do agree...looks cool and probably sounds cool...but until I see actual proof of increased performance I'll spend my money somewhere else...
Old 03-21-2006, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh there will definitely be dyno logs coming soon, but again it is NOT a very good way at all...

understand that a person can set up a dyno for before and after runs and take the worst baseline and best modified run and show an easy 10hp gain even if the setup does absolutely nothing. Then take into account that the aiflow of the new intake is being tested on a dyno that provides only one speed of airflow as opposed to how the car really takes in air on the streets when travelling from 0-whatever mph.

Better ways to test it is advanced flow testing of the original and the modified system, datalog testing to show increased airflow (something most other folks dont provide), and professional 1/4 mile testing or 1/8 mile testing before/after the mod.

I obviously will plan on doing all three of these things but the weight is put highly on the increased air intake as there's little disputing the more air that goes in the better the opportunity for power. This is to say that if you have an itake that is showing NO increased air itake, but 8hp gains on the dyno, i'd wonder more about the accuracy of the dyno testing than anything.

cheers! Mike
Old 03-21-2006, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks Mike..I'll be interested to see the results

What I can't stand is when tuners launch products promising increased performance and claim all these "facts" without any proof whatsoever. Test first, then make all the claims!

As an example..I have tried 3 different intake "upgrades" for my 993 911 including K&amp;N with ZERO increase in performance...either at the dyno or in my butt. Only my wallet sees the difference...

It's all a bunch on Marketing BS if you ask me. Just my 2 cents...
Old 03-21-2006, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I agree. I was a huge disbeliever...

If you search any posts of mine from the past, i hadnt found one intake that did a whole lot over the stock airbox. I too have searched for Porsche (but boxster) intake upgrades and was actually talked out of a $500 dollar sale by FVD themselves stating their own intakes would not show the gains I was looking for and to definitely spend my money elseware (I was talking to them about a 996 to Boxster motor transplant). I was sceptical of this one and told APR they better think twice about selling it to me because if it made no performance difference the testing I did would sure be published and say just that and they were sure it would show differences as APR and several private users with big turbos have logged over 30g/s improvements. THat's huge. THats what I saw when going from a K03 to a K04. They said I should see maybe half that on a stock turbo and that's exactly what I saw. I was impressed enough to not ask for my money back. I'll keep testing it though and am going back to the dyno within a month. cheers! Mike
Old 03-21-2006, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will gain power for sure, how much depends on many variables
Old 03-21-2006, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good in stock here!

With the acquisition of Achtuning we have now stock all the APR products.<ul><li><a href="http://www.achtuning.com">http://www.achtuning.com</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: New B7 APR/Carbonio Intake now shipping!!!