A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Questions about price and packages

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about price and packages

Hi there,

I am a newbie but have been reading this forum for the last 2 years. I've recently sold my car and after pondering for the last couple of years I am finally getting an A4 (B7). I have a few questions:

1) Technology package includes Memory driver seats and mirrors. But if I'm not getting the Premium Package that comes with Auto front seats, how does the memory seat work?

2) Besides from the voice recognition feature in the Bluetooth option, what else does it offer? e.g. can I sync my address book with it?

3) Any other Canadian owners out there? How much did you pay for yours (below MSRP)?

Thanks guys.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:51 AM

Default You MUST get Premium package if you get the Technology package.

There is no way around it.
It is set up that way in the order guide to avoid unusual equipment.
Audi's BT is a little more advanced than some of its competition.
Not only will it pull your phone book from your SIM card (depending which phone you have), but it will also pull the list of calls that you made, of calls that you received and even calls that you missed.
As long as you don't erase any of these numbers on your phone, they will transfer to the car automatically.
Where do I read all this you ask?
You read all of this through the Driver's information display in front of you (available with the Technology package).
You control all that using your left thumb wheel on the steering.
Hope that helps.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:50 PM

Default I keep pushing those buttons and nothing happens... WTF... All I get is "no function"

Okay... One of my sore points about our "never follow" cars... NO Bluetooth for 2005.5... NO aftermarket upgrade... Makes me crazier than I already am... Guess I can always trade my 05.5 B7 in on the 06 B7... Audi's only answer to me at this point... Anyone know any good news about B-tooth upgrade?
Old 07-11-2005, 02:14 PM

Default No kidding!

That is pretty much the only thing that keeps this car from being a "10". Well, that and the counter-intuitive MMI interface. I *love* the navigation functionality, but the interface to control the sound system inputs and whatnot is beyond bad. It's like they tacked that on at the end when they are out of time.

I can deal with the quirky MMI, but those steering wheel buttons really **** me off. It is a small thing, sure, but it is beyond annoying to buy a $45K car (I have a loaded 3.2) with INOPERABLE BUTTONS ON THE STEERING WHEEL.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Agree!! Finally I've found someone as pissed off as I am.. Can't believe other's aren't more vocal..

about it... Another thing is why, in CD mode, the CD name and track title don't display... XM Radio "tells all" but you have to remember what you have loaded in 1-6 CD slots... All that shows is number of CD and number of track... LAME!

Other than that I LOVE the car... Really I do... Honest... But... Agree... Not a 10...
Old 07-11-2005, 05:05 PM

Default I barely use the cd player for that reason + another bug

And when I do, I pretty much use it as a single cd player that just happens to hold 6 discs (i.e. one at a time) and then when it fills up I empty it out and start over again. I can NEVER remember what I have loaded in there.

Here's another annoying bug: when using the mp3 player in random mode, when you skip to the next track it takes it out of random mode. How pointless is that? If not for this the mp3 player would be great -- especially the "Name/Details" mode, which shows all of the ID3 tag info.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:07 PM

Default What do you mean "inoperable"?...

They are tough to manipulate? or
They are there but not connected to anything?
Got a 2.0T with Bose & XM but no Nav.
Just curious whether what you are saying would apply to mine.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:53 PM

Default The "mode" buttons don't do anything...

The two pushbuttons on the steering wheel, located on either side next to the radio dial controls, appear to do nothing.

I have played around with them and have read through the manual, and cannot see any purpose for them. The owner's manual labels them in the steering wheel diagram, but then goes on to say absolutely nothing about them. So I'm not sure what to do with these.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Yup

Pressing them displays "No Funct" on the lcd in between the speedometer and the tach.

I mean, how hard would it be to make the "Mode" button switch between sound system sources (mp3, cd, radio, etc)?!?!?!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Mode button switch from CD to Phone Names....

On my B7 A4 I have Bluetooth factory fitted, and the Mode button switches from the radio or CD (or Ipod in my case) to the names in my nokia. The names are displayed in the dash, the bluetooth reads all the names saved to the sim of the phone. I then push the left scroll wheel and the phone dials. The other push button on the right hand side is for voice dialing, say the name (pre programmed to the phone) and it dials it. Way cool :-)

Quick Reply: Questions about price and packages