A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Recall 28F2/J1 Ignition Coil Inspection/Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Recall 28F2/J1 Ignition Coil Inspection/Replacement

FYI: Just received a notice today from Audi Canada concerning an "Upcoming Voluntary Emissions Service Action 28F2/J1 Ignition Coil Inspection/Replacement" in some 2001-2007 model year vehicles. Rather than go into all the details here, they have provided a site to cover this notice: www.audicoils.com

Unfortunately, my 2007 Audi A4 is one they identified for this inspection/replacement.

Good Luck to all.

Last edited by Old Dog; 11-30-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Clarification for range of years affected
Old 02-20-2010, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Old Dog
FYI: Just received a notice today from Audi Canada concerning an "Upcoming Voluntary Emissions Service Action 28F2/J1 Ignition Coil Inspection/Replacement" in some 2001-2007 model year vehicles. Rather than go into all the details here, they have provided a site to cover this notice: www.audicoils.com

Unfortunately, my 2007 Audi A4 is one they identified for this inspection/replacement.

Good Luck to all.
Yesterday brought the car in for its 55,000 km (35,000 mile) scheduled maintenance. Over and above this had the brake fluid changed, front and rear brakes had to be replaced . I guess the good news is the service manager gave me a 10% discount on the toal invoice that amounted to about $145 CDN and all ignition coils were replaced under the recall outlined above .
Old 02-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what they did, that is pretty cheap imo, but nice for the discount!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kevinskir
For what they did, that is pretty cheap imo, but nice for the discount!
Just to clarify kevinskir as I may have not used the best wording arrangement. My discount was $145. Total bill was about $1400 after discount. The way my thread reads it is as though they did all that work for $145 and even gave me a discount. I WISH .

Last edited by Old Dog; 02-21-2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Added Text
Old 02-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hahahaha, ah I see now :-p
Old 02-26-2010, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Audi USA says no recall for my car - missfires need coil replacement

Mine is a 2001 A6 2.7T and the dealership told me about the recall for some of the cars in my year because of the codes that require me to change my coils. So, I called and found out that mine is not in the group. How unfortunate. Any ideas on how to twist Audi USA's arm on this matter?
Old 02-26-2010, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiThree
Mine is a 2001 A6 2.7T and the dealership told me about the recall for some of the cars in my year because of the codes that require me to change my coils. So, I called and found out that mine is not in the group. How unfortunate. Any ideas on how to twist Audi USA's arm on this matter?
Personally, I don't think any arm twisting will work in this case. I went to their site set up for this coil recall and they say, "If your model or engine does not appear in the menus below, your vehicle is not affected by the Ignition Coil Inspection & Replacement Program." Yours didn't show up.

If they were to replace yours, they would be opening the floodgates to literally thousands of other replacements.

I know it’s not what you want to hear. Sorry .
Old 04-12-2010, 04:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

old dog, i am also on the recall list. I tried to get it done on my last service in december and they told me they couldn't do it and i had to wait for a call to bring the car to the dealership...

HOw did you make them do the recall?

thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ecb7
old dog, i am also on the recall list. I tried to get it done on my last service in december and they told me they couldn't do it and i had to wait for a call to bring the car to the dealership...

HOw did you make them do the recall?

thanks
The short story: Lucked out when I brought my car in for the 55,000 kilometre scheduled maintenance. They had the parts and turned out they were defective and all four were replaced.

The long story: Received first Audi notice in November 2009. Extracted a portion of this notice for your info:

Received the second notice from Audi in February 2010 stating my dealer had sufficient parts and that I should contact them for an appointment, which luckily for me was at the same time as my scheduled maintenance thus saving another trip to the dealer. The coils were replaced on February 19th.

I guess your dealer did not have sufficient parts on hand to do yours when you were there.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Garry
Old 04-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, i understand...

Quick Reply: Recall 28F2/J1 Ignition Coil Inspection/Replacement