A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

RNS-E Nav commands

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: They didn't sell you a Multi Media Interface with your A4.

Um..... I just re-read your post. They didn't sell me a multi media interface?

What does MMI stand for then? By the way, I have a B7 and from what I see, you have a B6. Is this question even relavent to you, is it the same unit? RNS-E?
Old 06-05-2006, 09:07 AM

You're first mistake was paying $42k for your car.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:11 AM

Default What you see as a con I see as a pro. The VAG-COM is an amazing tool

Ability to log and display fault codes is a pretty revolutionary tool for the user to have his hands on. I think you should do a little more research before shouting out ignorant opinions.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:14 AM

Default Sigh...

Dirk is probably one of, if not the most knowledgable individuals on the subject matter. He basically lead the way for the B6, C5, C6... retrofit.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts
Default The MMI is the marketing name

for the Multi Media Interface first introduced in the A8 D3 followed by the A6 C6. The MMI consists of independent devices connected via MOST bus to a central control unit, interfacing the user via MMI screen and MMI control unit.

The RNS-E (which is the same in the B6 and B7 as well as A3 8P and A6 C5 Allroad) got the MMI user interface for controlling the features it supports, mainly radio, CD, MP, Navigation and the BT phone prep.

As Audi adds new features to their model line, some may be introduced or at least retrofittable to existing models as well. BT is one of those examples. Things you can't get for the RNS-E are Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Rear View Camera, Dynamic Ride Control, Dual CD Changer, Distance Control, Control for vehicle options like heated seats, A/C and so on.

For now all you get in the A3/A4 is the MMI control logic. For anything else buy a Lexus.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:59 AM

Default Re: How is my paying 42K a mistake, this is not your concern?

I paid $42K because i wanted the car with ALL the options, so how is that wrong and what does that have to do with this thread.

Please refrain from unnecessary comments and don't judge without knowing. THANK YOU.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:19 AM

Default Because clearly in your eyes you did not get your money's worth out of this vehicle

You are comparing an A4 to a CTS-V which I must admit is in a totally different class.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:31 AM

Navigates well, but I find user interface less than benchmark
Old 06-05-2006, 11:58 AM

Re: Wow, someone agrees with me instead on butchering!
Old 06-05-2006, 12:29 PM

Default You don't test things out before you buy them???

Why would you spend $2k on something you dont like. Instead of bitching about it you should've taken the time to see it do what it does. You should have at least read the specs on it. That would have listed all the possible features.

Your post is very subjective (and I'm sure most people would agree). I love the Nav+ and you know its really not hard hooking up a DVD player to it (if that's what's bothering you).

Thirdly, you bought an A4 for the toys it has? Most of us chose it for the design, performance, safety and drive feel. If you want a tricked out car call Exhibit maybe he can "Pimp your ride"!! Make sure to mention the problem with your child not able to watch shrek in the car!

People on this forum are very knowledgable and I'm sure they get pissed off when you, who doesn't know ****, starts arguing with them. I don't pretend to know a lot but one thing I do when I ask a quesion or post a comment is that I'm POLITE and listen to the feedback. Not just argue the same point over and over again.

I would feel MUCH better if you sell your A4 and get an IS250, at least we wont have to hear your nonsense here any more!

Quick Reply: RNS-E Nav commands