A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

s-line reduces residual 2% in a b7 or is dealer bait and switching me after i got my lease?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is just another " I live in L.A. and want the dealer's name if they force this issue" post...

It's pretty simple - I'm on my third Audi, I plan on getting another one, and won't tolerate a dealer that would pull a stunt like this over a lousy 800 bucks. You didn't hoodwink them, you did the deal assuming they knew their own numbers. To say you owe $600 on *their* $860 mistake is an insult.
If I were in a generous mood, I'd split the difference. If not, I'd give them the car back no matter how much I liked it.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:42 PM

Default 2nd...sat in a friends X3 and I just couldn't believe the quality

couldn't wait to get back into my car
Old 10-24-2006, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It's been said a number of times here, but...

Your rights will be determined by the contract. Frankly, I'd be beating on your salesman--tell him that if he doesn't make it right (even if that means the dealer eats something), you'll park the car in his a$$ and get a BMW. The car's already devalued.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default drive the heck out of it and tell them you'd rather return the car...on your way to the dealer hit

a tree, run into a guardrail and drop off the keys.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:42 AM

Default good point regarding the car being devalued...

Just by driving it off the lot, the car's value is probably lowered by more than the $600 they are trying to get.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would still google this to find out more about it..maybe hit roadfly/BMW boards...
Old 10-25-2006, 08:24 AM

Default Re: s-line reduces residual 2% in a b7 or is dealer bait and switching me after i got my lease?????

I have the 07 A4 2.0T w/sline, leased in August. All thru the negotiations, I had asked for 12K/year, 24 month lease. Before the lease paperwork had even been generated, the finance manager realizes that the 24month lease only allows 15K/year. He honors his quoted price using the residual and MF for the 12k/24m deal. Just good business, especially over such a small amount of money in the long run.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default the outcome...

so i went back to the dealer to work out a solution. when i spoke with him over the phone the night before, i was told that my options were to pay more or return the car. i told him paying more was not acceptable. i indicated that i understood he was in a bad position, but we negotiated and executed a deal where he made a mistake and that it was unprofessional, even unethical, to make me take responsibility for HIS mistake. i too am a business professional, and when i make mistakes, i shoulder them even when it costs me money. he told me he would have my car back on their lot if i didn't want to keep the car.

before going in i wrote an email to him explaining my surprise and disappointment with what my options were. i thought this to be a very bad business move for a dealership where the owner is likely making a few million a year. considering that i am a 3 time audi owner, trying to save $600 was an absurd business decision given the quite obvious negative repercussions of screwing a customer like this. i also said, however, that prior to this incident i was very happy with the dealership and i love my car. i was hopeful they would make the right decision in the end and that we would go back to our honeymoon period.

when i got to the dealership, it was clear my sales guy had been run over the coals. he said he did the most he could, which was to remove all markup from the car. this would increase my payment $5/month. considering my options with getting a similar car in the exact color i wanted i figured i would pony up the $5, but i did tell him that a dealership making me pay $150 is idiotic. no reasonably experienced business person would share agree to their decision. quite frankly, if i was the sales guy, i would have paid the $150 myself. i told him that doing something like that not only solves your problem with the customer, but shows amazing dedication to customer service. i guess the higher ups at mckenna audi see it otherwise though.

in the end, did i get a good deal? yes, i think i got a good deal:

'07 a4 avant 2.0t, ibis white, automatic w/:
> nav
> s-line
> titanium
> convenience
> bluetooth
> premium audio
> heated front seats
> audi care
cost: $41,103.25

that cost seems to differ from edmunds.com's invoice price by ~$462 (edmunds = $40,091 + $550 for audi care). some dealers claim edmunds invoice prices are off, but i am not too trusting of that statement.

kinda of ridiculous though that the dealership wouldn't just fess up and take responsibility of their mistake. all things considered, i won't do business with them next time i get my audi, and all i can say is buyer beware when you work with them.

thanks for the input... on to enjoying my new ride!