A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Stasis Exhaust Fitment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stasis Exhaust Fitment Issues

I have a Stasis exhaust on my '08 A4 that was dealer installed and seems to have some fitment issues. It's really close to the top of the s-line valence and there doesnt seem to be any way adjust it. My rubber exhaust hangers are really tight and the right tip is pressing into the valence. The left tip seems to fine now.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

How long have you had this installed? The system changes shape a lot as it gets hot/cold. If this is a new install, give it some time before you move it around.

Here is mine a couple days after install. I have the Votex valance with no clearance issues. The tips move 1-2 inches when it gets hot and it took a few months before I got them adjusted evenly. Yours may be hannging too high on the RH side now, but it may stretch over time.

Last edited by Scott Evil; 06-22-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Its been on the car since March. I did notice it change when hot, but not like this, it always went back when cool. It was normal until it was serviced then I got it back and it was wonky.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Something was changed during the service. Without looking under your car, I can not help any further.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Scott is right about needing to know more.

Aftermarket exhaust alignment is a pain in the ****.

I can tell you with my AWE catback, I had to put a longer bolt at the tip fastener location and use washers to build up space on one side (pside, I believe) in order to get the tips more inline with each other. Even that was not enough to get the tips precisely inline with one another, but it did look better. You may want to look at getting the longer bolts and use washers to drop the tips down.

One other thing that seems odd, the photo you posted shows some extreme misalignment in the upward direction, as though something is restricting the lengthwise growth Scott talked about. As a result, the exhaust is "walking" up toward the bumper. I don't know what that could be without seeing more, but it sure seems suspicious. Besides the tip adjustment I mentioned, I would also look a little further back at the center connector bracket where the two pipes split on their way back to the rear bumper. There should be a bolt adjustment there that you may want to loosen to do your tip adjustment like I mentioned above, then tighten the pipe split connector again.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That upward movement towards the bumper is what is killing me. Today they pulled the right rear section and rotated it so slightly to right and readjusted the center brace and its a bit lower now, but much. The installing tech couldnt make sense as to why it moved so much. Its a work in progress I guess.