A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Steering Wheel Controls

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Controls

Hi all,

My 2007 Audi a4 steering wheel up and down radio controls are bothering me, the up button makes the radio station go down, and the down button makes the station number go up, why is this?

Also is there a way to make the stations flip through saved radio stations instead of just scrolling for the next available station.

Thank you.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 296 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by AbrahamHam
Hi all,

My 2007 Audi a4 steering wheel up and down radio controls are bothering me, the up button makes the radio station go down, and the down button makes the station number go up, why is this?

Also is there a way to make the stations flip through saved radio stations instead of just scrolling for the next available station.

Thank you.
Agreed it is weird; I have the Symphony II+ radio; I've programmed my presets to have the lowest frequency in the top left, and ordered the station frequencies in increasing order, left side then right side. That way when I use the left wheel control, if the next station is one of my presets, the "roller" feels like it is driving the selection down the left side, then down the right .

The whole steering control thing seems to be targeted to folks that have the RNS-E Nav system in place. For those folks, things like next preset etc, seem to work as expected - those of us without the RNS-E are just ignored .
Old 02-27-2010, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Audi4Fun
Agreed it is weird; I have the Symphony II+ radio; I've programmed my presets to have the lowest frequency in the top left, and ordered the station frequencies in increasing order, left side then right side. That way when I use the left wheel control, if the next station is one of my presets, the "roller" feels like it is driving the selection down the left side, then down the right .

The whole steering control thing seems to be targeted to folks that have the RNS-E Nav system in place. For those folks, things like next preset etc, seem to work as expected - those of us without the RNS-E are just ignored .
Yes I have the lowest frequency that way too, but for CD's also I always am second guessing myself cause up means down and down means up very very strange lol.