A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

TPMS and Vag-Com

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS and Vag-Com

2008 Audi.....My husband drives this car and the The Tire Pressure Monitoring System warning light is on every morning. This is the light that tells you that the tire pressure system isn't working. Also, the Brake Pad warning light comes on intermittently which was doing this the last time my husband brought it in for a oil change and the pads were fine. Before we spend $120 on just a diagnostic, is there a way to check what's causing this first? I don't have a Vag-Com, but I was considering it.

Is Ross-Tech the best place to buy a Vag-Com? I have a Mac and I was reading where although it won't run on a Mac, it will run on Windows on a Mac. I have yet to install Windows until I have to since we still have other Windows based computers.
There's a $99 license and 4 different interfaces? I have no clue which one I need. I want to be able to run diagnostics and read error codes and alter my cars codes.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trlyka
2008 Audi.....My husband drives this car and the The Tire Pressure Monitoring System warning light is on every morning. This is the light that tells you that the tire pressure system isn't working. Also, the Brake Pad warning light comes on intermittently which was doing this the last time my husband brought it in for a oil change and the pads were fine. Before we spend $120 on just a diagnostic, is there a way to check what's causing this first? I don't have a Vag-Com, but I was considering it.

Is Ross-Tech the best place to buy a Vag-Com? I have a Mac and I was reading where although it won't run on a Mac, it will run on Windows on a Mac. I have yet to install Windows until I have to since we still have other Windows based computers.
There's a $99 license and 4 different interfaces? I have no clue which one I need. I want to be able to run diagnostics and read error codes and alter my cars codes.

Thanks
Yes, buy Vag-Com only from Ross Tech. I run Ross Tech software on a dedicated Mac Book without any problems. Also, when you do the updated releases do not do it by wireless. I did an update by wireless and loss a line of code. It took a senior software engineer almost an hour to fix it. Buy the best interface you will not regret it.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Badore
Yes, buy Vag-Com only from Ross Tech. I run Ross Tech software on a dedicated Mac Book without any problems. Also, when you do the updated releases do not do it by wireless. I did an update by wireless and loss a line of code. It took a senior software engineer almost an hour to fix it. Buy the best interface you will not regret it.
Ok. Good to know it works with the Macbook. Thanks for the tip on the updates

It turns out the issues with the '08 were covered under warranty. I still want the Vag-Com though. Just so I can diagnose if I need to.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trlyka
Ok. Good to know it works with the Macbook. Thanks for the tip on the updates

It turns out the issues with the '08 were covered under warranty. I still want the Vag-Com though. Just so I can diagnose if I need to.
The "if I need to" will soon change to "when I need to". I have repaired a B7 A4
that was not covered by warranty with as little as 25,000 miles showing on its odometer.