A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

UM... S-Line Package Tire Iron WTF

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UM... S-Line Package Tire Iron WTF

Okay... am I retarded or does the tire iron included in the trunk totally not work for anyone with S-Line? And the jack that is included is a POS I am so pissed... it ended up scratching my door blade. I had to jack up my car and the stupid jack shifted (even though it was on a level surface) and scratched the door blade and the bottom body piece. Horrible design... I'm so pissed and I know it won't be covered under warranty but it's disheartening to know they skimped on a freaking jack and tire iron.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I hate to say it, but I think you got it on the first one.

I had no problems changing the tire on my S-Line. Did you look at the diagrams and place the jack in the slot? And did you remove the dust caps on the bolts?

I will agree that it's weak that they skipped the safety triangle on the B7... I shoulda nicked the one out of my B6 before I traded it in (like I did the first aid kit).
Old 09-19-2006, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default these jacks are garbage...u have the same crappy aluminum one from b6...

i had it litterally collapse under the car while changing the spare for a flat...on a perfectly flat, level, dry garage surface. nope, no covered under waranty...the excuse audi used with me was "you should have called roadside assistance." why bother putting a jack there then!?

i escalated the complaint to AoA, same deal there. lesson learned.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Biggest mishap is when

you dont set the parking break and leave it in gear the car will roll and crush the jack, i've seen it happen, my girlfriends roommate did it a few weeks back.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default I have jacked both front tires and had no such problem

I installed 10 mm wheel spacers on the front axle soon after I leased my car. I did look at the instructions in the manual and had no issues. Perhaps the rear axle is a different story.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:57 PM
RKJ
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I know lots of folks dislike or have problems with OEM jacks and I don't see why...

I know it's not a good idea, but I've used the Audi OEM jack and the jack from wife's car to rotate tires numerous times on my B5.

I've since purchased a floor jack and jackstands, so put down the flamethrowers.

I've swapped out a curb-rashed rim for the one in the trunk in my B7 with no problems. I even put the jack and all tools back in their proper places in the trunk with no problems.

Honestly, I think the design/construction is fine.

Dems my 2ct.

Robert
Old 09-19-2006, 03:18 PM

2nd that.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The jack is horrible.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:22 PM

Default Re: UM... S-Line Package Tire Iron WTF

haha i managed the Jack ok getting the lugg-nutts off is another issue...not near enough leverage...
Old 09-19-2006, 07:38 PM

Default used the jack to change my girlfriends TT ....

as soon as i got the spare on the thing bent and the car fell, luckily i had the tire on already, but had to go get another jack to finish the job. I just could image what would of happened if the tire wasn't on yet.

Then tried my jack on my car and same thing they are pieces of ****. Thats 2 audi oem jacks and both bent for me, had to use my dads bimmer jack along with mine to hold the car up, the bimmer jack also bent, so i went out and bought one from pepboys and no problems since then.

Quick Reply: UM... S-Line Package Tire Iron WTF