A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

09 Audi A4 does not start!! + engine vibrating (P2)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Audi A4 does not start!! + engine vibrating (P2)

Hello guys, it's a while since I left my car at Star motors (Audi dealer in Clarksburg) finally today they gave a call to pick up my car. the bill was huge about 3400, they replaced the old valves for new ones, and the car runs normally now, the problem is that the car still vibrating a little bit, and they want to give it to me in as what it is, they're saying that vibrating is much smother than before so it's not a problem!! the three major problems that I asked them to fix were: engine start up, oil consumption, and engine vibrating. they told me earlier that the engine is vibrating because it needed to new motor mounts and I changed them after that, and nothing has changed! they said it might be the misfire, and the fixed it but the problem is still there!! now they are saying they will try to fix that as soon as possible!! do you think that they have the right to charge me additional fee for that? because earlier they told the total bill amount included everything of 3400$, so now they will try to determine the problem again and might charge me more money!! it's about three weeks now since they started working in my car! so I'm thinking about writing a letter to Audi USA about my issue!! I really had it! it's enough..
Old 05-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any thoughts??
Old 05-30-2013, 07:05 AM
dk1
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear you have major issues. There is really not enough information to tell what is wrong and who is responsible for fixing it.

If I recall correctly, you first posted that you replaced motor mounts at AAMCO but the engine was having issues.

Did you buy this car used? Is it possible that it sustained some sort of damage or abuse? I am asking because motor mount is not something you expect to break on a 4 year old car.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought the car used, but it had a clean carfax, for motor mounts, I had a minor accident then the problem started
please help..
Old 06-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

You say you had a minor accident, was there ANY damage to the front of the engine?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
You say you had a minor accident, was there ANY damage to the front of the engine?
No, the accident was in the front left fender, the mechanic told that the car might have a problem in the injectors and this is why it shakes under 1000 Rpm, but anyway they supposed to fix this problem earlier and not charging me again!!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:10 AM
dk1
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Murtadha Aljamea
I bought the car used, but it had a clean carfax, for motor mounts, I had a minor accident then the problem started
please help..
In my experience, unfortunately, CarFax is not a proof that the car has not been in any accidents.

In any case, for any used A4 I would check if ECU has been modified by the previous owner. If you check this very forum you will see a lot of ECU modification discussions. Some people would undoubtedly modify the engine to increase performance, use the car for years and then reset it back and sell the car. Dealer can tell you if the car was modified. Modifying ECU and then racing the car would definitely wear our both the engine and the mounts. As the car ages these problems will show.

As for your question if the dealer is responsible to fix all of your problems for the quoted price, in my opinion, no. You said the car wouldn't start, it consumed oil and the engine vibrated. If the dealer said that they have to replace the engine and quoted you 10K then they would be responsible. But they attempted some reasonable repairs and the car runs. Who knows what the previous owner did to the car and if the accident caused some damage.

I would advice to get to the car into reasonable shape which it sounds like you did and sell it. Personally I wouldn't buy a used Audi that is not certified and backed by a warranty.

Again, sorry about your car trouble and good luck.