A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

‘10 A4 2.0T Avant ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ‘10 A4 2.0T Avant ?

Hey guys looking to get mauled an A4 wagon and found one locally that I want to check out. Here’s the details.. 184k on dash. All service just done (timing chain, tensioner, oil pump, water pump) vehicle inspection just done. Premium package power everything, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, 3800 or best offer.

Should I avoid bc of mileage? What do you think is fair price? Any other concerns I should ask about. I’m going to get Vin so I can check service records. Cars body looks good in pics and want to make sure it’s worth going to look before I set up appt.

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2019, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by colganjimmy11
Hey guys looking to get mauled an A4 wagon and found one locally that I want to check out. Here’s the details.. 184k on dash. All service just done (timing chain, tensioner, oil pump, water pump) vehicle inspection just done. Premium package power everything, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, 3800 or best offer.

Should I avoid bc of mileage? What do you think is fair price? Any other concerns I should ask about. I’m going to get Vin so I can check service records. Cars body looks good in pics and want to make sure it’s worth going to look before I set up appt.

Thanks!
Didn't mean the word “mauled” meant “myself”**
Old 09-29-2019, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2,052 Likes on 1,748 Posts

Hard to say. Can you confirm it's already had the rings/pistons work done as part of the stage 2 oil consumption process?
My '09 Avant has 195k miles on it and though I think I need to replace the HPFP, there's not much else about it that concerns me for the near term. It's actually still running on the original water pump. Doesn't consume oil or coolant. But I had the rings/pistons work done a long time ago. If you plan on beating it into the ground with miles, I guess the question becomes how much time/miles do you need out of that $3800 for it to feel a worthwhile purchase? Check for turbo waste gate rattle. Not sure if they'll let you drive it around a bit and read codes, just in case they were clearing them.

For example, if I read codes on mine, I'd see the P0299, which is why the MIL is on. But there's also the code for the driver's heated seat, that's not working, and the driver's heated side mirror, which is also stopped working not long ago. Might have codes for fuel filler door solenoid, any number of things involving the climate system, etc. Oh yeah, and the right rear door lock actuator, which recently started acting up. So if you have a VCDS, be good to run a scan after driving it a bit and turning everything on and off. Though it'll consume one of your license slots if you have the 3 or 10 VIN license.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for reply. Honestly looking for a reliable enough car to get me around for a bit. Not going to do any crazy mods or anything. Pistons/rings have no work done to them and owner is telling me no codes. I’m going to see if guy can bring it to my mechanic