A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2009 A4 2.0T prestige deal..

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kwatro74
My local dealer is doing special discount($4500) on 2009 A4 with MSRP price.
I was looking for 09 A4 2.0T Prestige with nav.and its MSRP was $44100. First quote from dealer was $39600.
Do you think I can deal from this price or shold I buy it whith this price?
I do not have experiences on dealing a car which has speicals..
What do you think?
If so, what is good price for the 2009 A4 prestige?
Always buy a car working with invoice. It's the only way to know what deal you are really getting. I'd estimate a few thousand below invoice would make sense on a blowout '09. 5k below does not sound realistic unless it's a GM or Chrysler product. Typically, the highest incentives from Audi are usually a few thousand. So invoice minus a few thousands sounds fair.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewsjl
Just as a last follow-up... I ended up taking the extra marketing cash instead of the financing - that was an extra $2,500.

So, the car ended up being:
Prestige metallic w/nav, Audi Drive Select

MSRP: $46,750
Invoice: $43,944 (approx - not sure on if any marketing fees were on the invoice... I assumed they were)

Cash sale price after rebates/marketing: $37,500.

John.
You got a better price then some dealers are selling used 09 Prestiges (with 7000 or so miles) for.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I thought it was pretty well negotiated. I looked at used but didn't find much. This deal is a loss for the dealer but is to make the end of quarter numbers. I could probably have squeezed another few hundred but didn't - I want some sort of relationship and might need some small things like AMI cable at delivery.

Ho hum, the deal isn't complete yet. The car that we did have in mind (dealer was trading) had been sold from under my dealer. We have another car in range now and will see how that works out tomorrow. The dealer seems confident this one will come through. As it is this new car has a small option on it that the dealer isn't going to me charge for.

For anybody looking for a 2.0T Prestige, they are pretty thin on the ground right now.

Cheers,

John.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so you got 5k below insurance?
If i'm not wrong then I was right when I posted that 5k below invoice is possible this time of the year.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aaron300z
Ok so you got 5k below insurance?
If i'm not wrong then I was right when I posted that 5k below invoice is possible this time of the year.
Invoice is approx $44k, I'm down to $37.5 selling price. That includes a $1,500 Audi loyalty rebate (I've got a Q7) and $2,500 Audi marketing support to clear the 09s.

So, without Audi loyalty, I'm 5k under invoice. It's possible - timing is everything. I was up front and told the selling dealers that I was looking for a stunning deal that would be good for me and help them make their numbers for the month. Some are more willing than others.

John.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

To those of you going after killer deals on 09s, are you a little apprehensive about the vibration issue or do you not consider it a big enough factor to worry about it?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by av_audi
To those of you going after killer deals on 09s, are you a little apprehensive about the vibration issue or do you not consider it a big enough factor to worry about it?
Not an issue for me. I'll worry about it if my car shows issues. By the time it shows, there will be more data on the possible fixes. I'm also getting a car with Audi Drive Select so am not sure if there will be an issue (haven't read enough about the common factors on the problem eg: drivetrain, engine, packs etc.). I also have somebody at a dealer who I know well and suspect would take care of me to the best of his ability when I need the car servicing.

Oh, to those that are interested.... I'm picking up my Meteor Gray tonight!

Cheers,

John.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by matthewsjl
I'm also getting a car with Audi Drive Select so am not sure if there will be an issue (haven't read enough about the common factors on the problem eg: drivetrain, engine, packs etc.).
I hope Audi is tabulating a whole bunch of data to see if there is indeed a pattern. Transmission, wheels (size & specific model), tires (size and specific brand & model), sport pack (18" & 19"), etc., all could be factors. Maybe someone should even start a survey type thread here where people would provide information about the parameters I just mentioned and perhaps a few others.

Oh, to those that are interested.... I'm picking up my Meteor Gray tonight!.
Enjoy!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:26 PM
dk1
AudiWorld Member

Now your deal is actually pretty good. Enjoy your car!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dk1
Now your deal is actually pretty good. Enjoy your car!
So, I have the car - it wasn't quite as smooth as I thought it would be. Basically, the dealer thought the selling price included the $2,500 marketing support for MY09s.... I thought that was an additional support incentive available. It was a mis-understanding in the discussions. I was prepared to walk at that point and they ended up coming down by $1,500. So, my selling price ended up at $38.5k rather than $37.5k. Still good - and made sweeter by the fact that the finance manager got a much better rate for me than expected (3.89%/60 - and I had expected 4.29%/36).

I had leverage as walking would have had them left with a 2009 that they had just done a swap on for me. The sales manager (who was the one I had the discussions with) was pissed as he told me they would come down on price, very abruptly and then turned on his heels.... didn't bother to shake my hand (suspect the dealer manager had just given him a beating). The manager's salesperson and finance guy couldn't have been more pleasant.

This was Bell Audi in Edison - overall, a great price on the car and a good pickup experience apart from the one stumble on the agreed price.

Cheers,

John.

Quick Reply: 2009 A4 2.0T prestige deal..