A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2010 A4 Premium Plus-What is a Fair Price?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 A4 Premium Plus-What is a Fair Price?

Ii am considering a 2010 A4 Premium Plus Sedan 2.0 TFSI with 6 speed MT. It is a black on black with the NAV package and chrome tips. The dealer is listing this vehicle at retail $39,505. The offer price does not include Audi loyalty discount of $1500, which the dealer has said is available to me.

Given your purchasing experience with your Audi dealer, how much of a discount did you receive from the retail price? How does the Audi loyalty discount impact the dealer's ability to offer their own discounts.

I am also interested in any input you may have on the following:

1) I currently own a 2002 and 2006 Audi Avant-both purchased from the dealer I am looking to buy the 2010 A4. All of our service work has been done by this dealership. I have been very happy with the service dept. at this dealership. Does this even matter to the dealership or is it a consideration in any new transaction?
2) Does anyone have any information on what changes are likely to be included in 2011 A4 models- specifically, have their been changes to the MMI system; or other their other enhancements or changes to options that might impact the 2011 pricing? I am aware the 2011 model year will include the 8-speed tiptronic, however, I am more interested in the 6 speed MT.

I appreciate your input.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would try getting it for 2k less msrp, plus loyalty, you might end up paying between 2k and 1k under msrp plus the loyalty money.
6 speed mt dont stay at the lot too long , dont wait too much.
you can always try http://www.zag.com/ and walk in with a negociated price.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If your MSRP is $39,500, I would propose $35,000. You have nothing to lose. They will settle around $36k + royalty rebate. They will try to show you the invoice price, which is total BS, so don't even bother.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Loafer123
Ii am considering a 2010 A4 Premium Plus Sedan 2.0 TFSI with 6 speed MT. It is a black on black with the NAV package and chrome tips. The dealer is listing this vehicle at retail $39,505. The offer price does not include Audi loyalty discount of $1500, which the dealer has said is available to me.

Given your purchasing experience with your Audi dealer, how much of a discount did you receive from the retail price? How does the Audi loyalty discount impact the dealer's ability to offer their own discounts.

I am also interested in any input you may have on the following:

1) I currently own a 2002 and 2006 Audi Avant-both purchased from the dealer I am looking to buy the 2010 A4. All of our service work has been done by this dealership. I have been very happy with the service dept. at this dealership. Does this even matter to the dealership or is it a consideration in any new transaction?
2) Does anyone have any information on what changes are likely to be included in 2011 A4 models- specifically, have their been changes to the MMI system; or other their other enhancements or changes to options that might impact the 2011 pricing? I am aware the 2011 model year will include the 8-speed tiptronic, however, I am more interested in the 6 speed MT.

I appreciate your input.
I think the only thing you might care about for 2011s is that premium plus has the auto dimming mirror.

My cousin bought a CVT front track sport premium plus A4 for $1500 under invoice in march. And I got my quattro premium plus sport pack for $1100 under in january. Seeing as its closer to the 2011 launch, I'd figure you should be able to get $1500 under at least (though I guess this really depends on where you live from what i've been told).

Audi's though have much lower inventory than other luxury makes, so I am not sure how much better you can do, but might as well just say $1500 under invoice and then get the loyalty deal.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks

Thanks for the input and suggestions; they are helpful. The initial dealer offer is $500 off the retail, plus the loyalty discount.

The car I have in mind is not on the dealer lot, they will have to trade a similar car they do have with another Audi dealer to acquire the vehicle I am interested in.

As you have pointed out, the 2011 model year will be available for order soon, if not already. I am in no particular hurry to purchase the 2010 over the 2011 unless the price on the 2010 is attractive enough.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Loafer123
I am in no particular hurry to purchase the 2010 over the 2011 unless the price on the 2010 is attractive enough.
And it will be once they are making room for the '11s. The name of the game is patience, and it seems you have plenty of it. No reason why you shouldn't walk away feeling like you just took the dealership for a ride after this one!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

$500 under retail is a joke. Where do you live? A lot depends on how you're paying for the car, so make sure you're comparing apples to apples. I got my P+ in NYC for 0.9% over invoice, about $2k under retail, and I paid cash.

I start to feel like a chump when I hear people saying they paid "$1,500 UNDER Invoice"...etc., but I can only assume they are either leasing or financing through Audi.

I'm sure if I had financed or leased I could've done better, but you always end up paying one way or another. I'm paying through opportunity cost, while others pay interest, and others pay by simply "renting" the car, but have the benefit of getting a brand new one every 2-4 years.

Point is, just make sure you're comparing apples to applese when you're talking sales price.

Any of you who paid "under invoice" want to confirm whether or not you're financing through Audi or Leasing?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by '98A4SoCal
$500 under retail is a joke. Where do you live? A lot depends on how you're paying for the car, so make sure you're comparing apples to apples. I got my P+ in NYC for 0.9% over invoice, about $2k under retail, and I paid cash.

I start to feel like a chump when I hear people saying they paid "$1,500 UNDER Invoice"...etc., but I can only assume they are either leasing or financing through Audi.

I'm sure if I had financed or leased I could've done better, but you always end up paying one way or another. I'm paying through opportunity cost, while others pay interest, and others pay by simply "renting" the car, but have the benefit of getting a brand new one every 2-4 years.

Point is, just make sure you're comparing apples to applese when you're talking sales price.

Any of you who paid "under invoice" want to confirm whether or not you're financing through Audi or Leasing?

i bought my car in the bay area, and my cousin in los angeles. we both financed.

i did however ask if i could pay cash and it made no difference. at 1.9% for 36 months at the time (its .9% now) they really are not making any money at all financing to you (at .9% you probably would be making money, savings accounts still yield 1.2+) so it might just be a regional thing.

i dont really agree with your opportunity cost of financing. financing can make sense if the rate is low enough and they arent offering "cash back in lieu of financing". i have noticed luxury makes typically do not give that option, so with no potions you might as well finance while keeping your cash liquid (you never know someone might need that money for some sort of opportunity / emergency)
Old 06-09-2010, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by '98A4SoCal
$500 under retail is a joke.
It is a huge joke indeed. IN the LA area, zag.com pricing is $500 under invoice. So one can certainly do better than that.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Even the invoice prices are a joke.

The Euro took a 20% crap vs.the dollar when the 2010 prices were set. you should be starting from 'invloce' pricing and working DOWN.

Last A4 I looked at a few months ago before Greece collaped under its own weight I STARTED negotiating with the dealer at $1k under 'invoice'.

Quick Reply: 2010 A4 Premium Plus-What is a Fair Price?