A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2010 A4 Seat Memory

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thread over here says mem-seats is no go for P+

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2762754
Old 11-17-2009, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to have the memory position module (usually in the driver's door lower panel) for that VAG chip option to work. It allows you to choose the position number (1 through 4 memory positions) and assign those positions to master remote control units.

Now whether you could get a unit from salvage or not, and the wiring harness is available in your car already for that unit, and THEN turn it on with the VAG and get it to work, that's a whole other question.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lyman_T
You have to have the memory position module (usually in the driver's door lower panel) for that VAG chip option to work. It allows you to choose the position number (1 through 4 memory positions) and assign those positions to master remote control units.

Now whether you could get a unit from salvage or not, and the wiring harness is available in your car already for that unit, and THEN turn it on with the VAG and get it to work, that's a whole other question.
Yeah that is way too much work for me. Seems like such a basic option.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Packages, for the most part, suck

Just picked up my Deep Sea P+ last night, and the wife is PO'd about no memory seats. I knew it was part of the Prestige only but feigned shock. All I really wanted from the Prestige list was the memory seats and the mirror compass--not worth the extra $5K.

Anybody know if the compass mirror is available as a stand alone parts buy?
Old 11-18-2009, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by redherring
Tint the windows and you won't need the auto-dimming mirror (mine barely turns on). The compass doesn't get much use.. I'd say save the money.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Removing the seat memory from the P+ for 2010 is one of the most retarded things I've come across yet. If there is more than one driver it's about the most useful option you can get (especially if your wife is at least a foot shorter than you are)
Old 04-08-2010, 05:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by redherring
Just picked up my Deep Sea P+ last night, and the wife is PO'd about no memory seats. I knew it was part of the Prestige only but feigned shock. All I really wanted from the Prestige list was the memory seats and the mirror compass--not worth the extra $5K.

Trying to decide between Q5 and A4. Anybody know if its possible to add the dimming compass mirror and memory seats as stand alone parts to the 2010 A4?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Teh short answer is No.

The long answer is Yes, but's a lot of work and alot of dough, so not really practical in the end.

The dimming mirror neads a new mirror, you have to delaminate the existing mount of your windsheild. Find a new mount or adapt existing mount and locate to the new postition. Next get a wiring harness (kufatec) and run power to th emiirror over to the fuse and adapt. Cost about $500 to $750, if you find an 09 P+ mirrror on ebay.de. Double that for brand new replacement parts from local dealer.

The seat module might work if you can somehow get the seat control module that goues under the seat. Remove seats to install. Make a harness for the control & power wires back to the ecu. Then get a control unit for the door (under the door locks), take apart door & trim and feed this back. No idea on cost, but starting to add up quick.

Audi doesnt give you the control harness and wires installed just not terminated. You got to get those somewheres. Plus you need a VAG_Com cable ($350) to enable all this stuff (and other cool features that are software driven). Plus a Bently manual to figure it clips and what not so you don't destroy anything removing panels ($100)...

So, IMHO, it's just not worth it to proceed on getting these into a P- or a P+ and have it be 100% with OEM parts. Alot of work is needed to get everything and costs start rising fast.

It's just really crappy that we have to pay to play on this level of a vehicle. Then again, the brand needs cheaper models to get the corporate lease market.

Good luck if you go it the DIY route and please post back your findings.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, that answers that. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mart242
Tint the windows and you won't need the auto-dimming mirror (mine barely turns on)
And tinting does wonders for night time visibility.

Quick Reply: 2010 A4 Seat Memory