A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2010 A4 Seat Memory

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidB5
Well I wouldn't just dismiss it. It has to work for some or it wouldn't be there.
Based on the number of prestige cars you see, that can't bee too many people.

I remember when VW was pushing loaded Passats with V6. They ended up sitting on dealer lots for a long time.

Audi USA is being short-sighted by taking a few little nice things and pushing them up into higher trims. No dimming mirrors even in P+. No trip computer in Premium; folks coming from VW/Audi products of just a few ears ago will be surprised. Even the P++ package seems overpriced.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Audi USA:

Tech is becoming cheaper by the day. Remove nickle and dime features from P+=remove buyers. Prestige is overpriced for features that are standard on Japanese luxury models. When my lease is up in 2012 I will shop around if Audi wants to squeeze me. Better to raise the price than delete features. Little things irritate repeat consumers.

That 2011 M37 is worth a spin around the block. By 2012 they should be blowing them out the door. You can be sure Acura will get a makeover soon.

Also if the engine uses a quart of oil every 6 weeks why not put in an oil reservoir? Or maybe an oil bottle container in the trunk with 2-1 qt. bottles. Who wants to look for Audi oil on a trip away from civilization?

When the Euro is $1.00 in 2012 you will want by greenbacks.

Love my Audi but love myself more.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

[QUOTE=Barrels41;23955884]Hello Audi USA:...if the engine uses a quart of oil every 6 weeks why not put in an oil reservoir? Or maybe an oil bottle container in the trunk with 2-1 qt. bottles. Who wants to look for Audi oil on a trip away from civilization? QUOTE]
Wow - really - it uses that much oil? I haven't seentmany posts on this site on oil consumption for the B8, but that would be something I would want to avoid. The lease on my 2008 A4 2.0T with Quattro & Tip is up in Spetember and I am starting to look around fro the next car. Anyone else have this oil consumption issue with their B8 2.0T? My 2008 needs no oil between the factory service schedule. It will drop to half way between max and min by time I put 10K miles on it, but that's it.

Last edited by irenesbob; 04-09-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Oil consumption

Originally Posted by irenesbob
Wow - really - it uses that much oil? I haven't seen many posts on this site on oil consumption for the B8, but that would be something I would want to avoid. The lease on my 2008 A4 2.0T with Quattro & Tip is up in Spetember and I am starting to look around fro the next car. Anyone else have this oil consumption issue with their B8 2.0T? My 2008 needs no oil between the factory service schedule. It will drop to half way between max and min by time I put 10K miles on it, but that's it.
Wish the Old Dog and mercruiser could go up to10,000 miles like you there irenesbob. We are not the only ones in the same boat as I have read many threads on high oil consumptions for 2007's here on AW. Maybe starting with the 2008 model year things improved.

Here’s a link to mercruiser’s OP and my reply if you care to check it out.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2780011

Take care.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks Old Dog. I guess I've been lucky. I had a 2006 on lease with the same 2.0T as my current 2008 has and had no oil consumption issues with either. In fact, the only issue I had with either has been some sort of fuel sensor that didn't affect performance (CEL told me) and that was replaced in a few hours under warranty. I am wondering about the "new" 2.0T if I do get a 2010 or 2011 later this year. Could be that the "problem" cars were bought used and the original owners had beaten the **** out of them - just a thought. I drive like an old wimp (well, I am 68). I have a friend leasing an Infiniti M35X that he has never changed the oil or checked it in 20K miles and uses only 87 octane gas even tough Infiniti requires Premium. His take: "WTF - it's just a lease, I don't own it." I am not made like that, I baby my cars owned or leased. It is respect for the car - how could I neglect such a nice vehicle? I am fortunate in my older years that I have no family to support and indulge in these leased lovely cars - I remember the days when I only had fixers. Take care.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not made like that, I baby my cars owned or leased. It is respect for the car - how could I neglect such a nice vehicle? I am fortunate in my older years that I have no family to support and indulge in these leased lovely cars - I remember the days when I only had fixers. Take care.
Not only do we share the same age group, but we also share the same respect for cars . I am not made like that either, I also baby my cars. It is respect for the car and how could we neglect such a nice vehicle? I am also fortunate in my older years (61 in Sept) that I have no family to support. Our 24-year old baby boy moves out the end of April, lol. Our two older girls have been gone for years now. Just me and my wife share the nest. I too remember the days when I only had fixers. It’s time we spoil ourselves, right? Right .

Used much of what you wrote, save for minor changes, because of our similar situations.

Have a good one!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I see you're in Montreal - my favorite city! I get up there from NYC area about 3 or 4 times a year. When Bush was our President I would "escape" to Montreal even more frequently for the sense of sanity and tranquility I felt being there. I am coming up in June for the F1 race. Maybe I'll run into you - take care
BTW - at 61 you're just a kid!

Last edited by irenesbob; 04-09-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Barrels41
Hello Audi USA:
Or maybe an oil bottle container in the trunk with 2-1 qt. bottles.

This is a VW/Audi trademark, and I am finding out BMW may not be that much better about this. A quart per 1000 miles is NOT normal to me. I wonder how they can even pass emission standards.

I have a AWM 1.8T with 184Kmiles on it. After 7-8Kmiles, I barely see a mm or two difference on the dipstick, and this is mostly with high-RPM freeway driving (the darn thing is geared such that the engine turns about 3300RPM at 80mph). If I were burning oil at the rate of a quart per 1000 miles, I would have dumped 45+ GALLONS of oil into the environment by now

We always hear the seating the rings theory during break-in, but my guess is that they don't service the engine block boring equipment often enough. I bet they try to make one or two more blocks than they should, and those end up being bored not to the same tight tolerances as the others. It's just a guess, of course.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I have a friend leasing an Infiniti M35X that he has never changed the oil or checked it in 20K miles and uses only 87 octane gas even tough Infiniti requires Premium. His take: "WTF - it's just a lease, I don't own it." I am not made like that,...
But my guess is that most people are made like that. So no used car for me. I don't want to smell the sweat and fart molecules of some other guy anyways
Old 04-09-2010, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
I know the seat/mirror memory option is in the Prestige package of the 2010, but in lesser packages (Premium+) does the memory tie to the keys at all? Or amI going to be stuck manually adjusting everytime I switch driver with my wife?
2009 Premium + has the driver seat memory tied to the keys.

Quick Reply: 2010 A4 Seat Memory