A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5
Old 08-22-2016, 03:03 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B7) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2011 USA A4 Avant Subwoofer location

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 USA A4 Avant Subwoofer location

Did a search for this with equivocal results, so: Anyone know for sure where the subwoofer is located on a U.S. model non-B&O 2011 A4 Avant? Thanks for the help.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:44 AM
jfo
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's under the spare tire in a plastic enclosure.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jfo
It's under the spare tire in a plastic enclosure.
For future searchers, it's in the spare well with B&O system as well.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Was searching under the sparetire today, no sign of any subwoofer on the non B&O US P+ model at all. This may explain why I don't hear any difference when adjusting the level through the MMI..I may go for the same install as I have seen on the forum using the space in the rear right sidewell.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whether or not the sub is under the spare (I haven't looked at a non-B&O to comapre) you can't replace with anything worth a crap as the battery is sitting on top of it with the spare on top of that. You wouldn't be able to do anything worthwhile with that spot so going in the cubby is the best option for a new sub.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by quality_sound
Whether or not the sub is under the spare (I haven't looked at a non-B&O to comapre) you can't replace with anything worth a crap as the battery is sitting on top of it with the spare on top of that. You wouldn't be able to do anything worthwhile with that spot so going in the cubby is the best option for a new sub.
Chubby? = is this the rear/right storage unit? How much should one expect to pay for a custom box build and fit there? My local store is asking $680 plus parts for one full day of labor to get it done. Is this a good option? Problem is that it's pricey..comes out to close to $1k for the install plus parts.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am very confused...

Audi concert radio with SIRIUS® Satellite Radio: Audi concert radio features the Audi Sound System with 180 watts of power and ten total speakers, including two in each door, a subwoofer and a center fill speaker. It also offers a CD player, auxiliary input and an SD® card slot with MP3 capability. The Radio Data System [RDS] on the color screen displays several types of FM radio information, as well as SIRIUS® Satellite Radio information. And the Graduated Audio Level Adjustment [GALA] ensures optimal volume levels as cabin noise increases with speed.

http://www.eurocarnews.com/32/0/72/3...d-options.html

Does the standard 10 speaker setup in the wagon include a sub? If this is the case, it's not audible (at least not to me) Also, does the front panel not hold any mids? (eg only bass driver in door and tweeter up in the door by side mirror)??

Thanks for input.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:07 PM
jfo
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl E
I am very confused...

Audi concert radio with SIRIUS® Satellite Radio: Audi concert radio features the Audi Sound System with 180 watts of power and ten total speakers, including two in each door, a subwoofer and a center fill speaker. It also offers a CD player, auxiliary input and an SD® card slot with MP3 capability. The Radio Data System [RDS] on the color screen displays several types of FM radio information, as well as SIRIUS® Satellite Radio information. And the Graduated Audio Level Adjustment [GALA] ensures optimal volume levels as cabin noise increases with speed.

Does the standard 10 speaker setup in the wagon include a sub? If this is the case, it's not audible (at least not to me) Also, does the front panel not hold any mids? (eg only bass driver in door and tweeter up in the door by side mirror)??

Thanks for input.
It does have a sub under the spare. Lift off the cover, put your head closer to the tire and you should clearly hear it. It's not a butt kicking kind of sub, but it's noticeable. If you can't hear it at all then it's not working.
I don't recall the frequency range of the front's but they are probably mid/bass speakers.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by grecomfs
Did a search for this with equivocal results, so: Anyone know for sure where the subwoofer is located on a U.S. model non-B&O 2011 A4 Avant? Thanks for the help.
underneath the spare tire i think, I'll look this afternoon
Old 05-17-2011, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carl E
I am very confused...

Thanks for input.
Yes, you have a sub. It's under the spare tire and battery. It's not a typical "street" type sub but an "SQ" or "home theater" type of sub. It compliments the rest of they system rather than overpowering it. Trust me, if it's working and you turn it off, you'll notice it. If you want what most kids think a "sub sounds like" then you're going to need to upgrade.

$680 is not bad price but it better be a VERY well built enclosure. I've charged more than that but you could park a tractor on them and they had all kinds of little details like recessed sub, beveled edges, integral grill, deadened, terminal blocks, and the 'glass was about 3/4" thick and it was covered in leather, not carpet.

As for the mids they should be in the dash. Easy thing would be to pop the covers off and look. They're just snapped on.

Quick Reply: 2011 USA A4 Avant Subwoofer location