A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2012 A4 allroad finally coming to US...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone else notice the revised trim facia around the gauges? They seem to be the same as the A5.

I've seen the Allroad while overseas and I quite liked it then again I've always been a fan of the A6 allroad.

P
Old 12-27-2010, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by quality_sound
I think it's there to keep people from bitching about their paint getting jacked up when driving off-road.
I'm going to go out on limb and guess that fewer than 1% of purchasers will actually take their car off-road. It's primarily to make the car look more manly.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd buy one in a heartbeat. The added ground clearance is perfect for our bad weather up here (I live in Quebecistan in an area where my car often acts as a snow plow, and I have a 328xi with higher ground clearance).
Old 12-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
I'm not a big fan of phoney-baloney plastic cladding intended to beef up the appearance. It's like fake muscles.
I got hit by a bus this summer, he hit me right on my left rear fender and wheel. Luckily it was at low speed so nothing major but my fender was bent under the plastic and the plastic itself looked like crap but it saved me from repainting my car. And repainting a rear fender is no small thing since there is no obvious seam to start masking from. They straighted the metal, rustproofed it and changed the plastic and the car was good to go. With a normal Avant they probably would have painted half the car. So I'm glad for my fake muscles

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
DSG? Yeah right...
Why don't you think you will get the DSG? Over here they only sell the allroad with S tronic or manual.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by steveracer
Uggh. Pretty nasty incarnation of an Outback. Just get the Q5 truck.
I totally agree. I car should look like a car and a truck should look like a truck. The crossdressing stuff is feminine and confused.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

if they offer it as an S4 alternative with DSG or (holds breath) a stick shift and the 3.0T or (holds breath) the 3.0TDI, then I would be interested.

I don't think this will sell as a transvestite truck unless it's got some performance chops to it. Our mindless consumer base wants cheap trucks, period, and that means Q5 Premiums as a volume leader.

Now, if they position this rig as a dirt road barnstormer, then it mught have a chance. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time and money.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you Audi, finally decided to bring it to US, if only they can bring the A6 Allroad as well.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BananSWE
I got hit by a bus this summer, he hit me right on my left rear fender and wheel. Luckily it was at low speed so nothing major but my fender was bent under the plastic and the plastic itself looked like crap but it saved me from repainting my car. And repainting a rear fender is no small thing since there is no obvious seam to start masking from. They straighted the metal, rustproofed it and changed the plastic and the car was good to go. With a normal Avant they probably would have painted half the car. So I'm glad for my fake muscles
You should see if Audi can add the plastic cladding over the entire body, roof and all, just in case a tree limb falls on your car.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by trentbg
Thank you Audi, finally decided to bring it to US, if only they can bring the A6 Allroad as well.
as much as I lovethe A6 Avant, I despise it's $9k premium over the sedan. I assume like gouging would follow an A6 Allroad. At least with the A4 Avant, the gouging is only about $3k.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
You should see if Audi can add the plastic cladding over the entire body, roof and all, just in case a tree limb falls on your car.
If that's what you wanna read into it, go a head...
But I think I'll stick with it the way it is now because I like it a lot. Was shopping for a normal Avant when the allroad was released and at display at my local dealer. One look and I knew what I wanted, and bought it.

Quick Reply: 2012 A4 allroad finally coming to US...