A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2012 A4 order guide new options

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wilcoxon
True. If it is just a supplier issue and they will give credits for the lack of backup camera while the supply is an issue (and put cameras on again once the supply comes back), then I'm fine with that (but will wait to order my car until the backup camera is available). However, what I was told by the Audi dealer is that it is not an option on the 2012 A4 (which would be Audi cheapening the car).

It's looking more and more like I won't be ordering until I can actually look at a 2012 at the dealer to find out what down-grades (if any) really happen. Alternately, maybe I can get a dealer to agree to a deposit refund if anything is substantially different from expected.

On a tangent, personally, I wish Audi would have made the micro metallic inlays a permanent -$400 option as I don't like the standard aluminum inlays (I like the brushed aluminum but don't want to get the other options from that package).
I was totally excited when I ordered my Avant, knowing that it would come in with the micro-metallic inlay credit. To my dismay, they resolved their supplier issues, and mine was built during the third week in February with the hologram treatment. Three weeks later, I don't even notice the hologram anymore. Just about everything else feels so right, it is not even an issue to me.

That is not to say that I wouldn't change it to bruashed aluminum or a stain (not shiny) wood, but they weren't available.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Are brushed aluminum inserts even available in 2012 in anything outside the Prestige?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camera situation

Here's the announcement I received from my dealer about parking/rearview cameras...

Basically, cameras are in such short supply nothing except R8 (even A8L) gets a rear camera but you can get one installed at no charge once the supply improves if you order the parking sensor package.

No word on 8-speed or 6-speed transmission. Since the 8-speed is German-made, I'm not sure what would be the cause of the down-grade (or if my local dealer was just wrong/lieing).
Attached Files
Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Fascinating shortage issue. Not accustomed to seeing such issues with Japanese vehicles (which is the world I come from).

Regarding this, it sounds "OK" in theory, but it also sounds like dealer-installed cameras, which may look more "after-market-y" than factory?

Also, it looks as though you need to order the 7X7 rear sensor package to qualify for rear-backup camera... which means potentially another price bump to get parity with 2011 features/functionality? (unless they reduce the price of the NAVI commensurate with the reduced features)

Thoughts?

Here's the announcement I received from my dealer about parking/rearview cameras...

Basically, cameras are in such short supply nothing except R8 (even A8L) gets a rear camera but you can get one installed at no charge once the supply improves if you order the parking sensor package.

No word on 8-speed or 6-speed transmission. Since the 8-speed is German-made, I'm not sure what would be the cause of the down-grade (or if my local dealer was just wrong/lieing).
Old 05-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Asked my dealer to look into it and right now 8-speed is the transmission at least on Prem+
Old 05-03-2011, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the end, customers will benefit.

Over 1/2 of the A4's out there are sold at Premium amd Premium Plus levels w/o navigation if I had to guess.

So now you can get an A4 with Navigation, no back-up camera / sensors. So instead of 2500, that might bring it to 1700/1800.

Lots of people love navigation, but could care less about a camera.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
In the end, customers will benefit.

Over 1/2 of the A4's out there are sold at Premium amd Premium Plus levels w/o navigation if I had to guess.

So now you can get an A4 with Navigation, no back-up camera / sensors. So instead of 2500, that might bring it to 1700/1800.

Lots of people love navigation, but could care less about a camera.
Probably. Personally, I've got navigation on my phone so it's just a nice-to-have on the car (and Audi's nav is not the best on the market). However, I love the backup camera (have since renting an Infiniti M35x a few years ago that had it).