A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2014 a4 model updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2014 a4 model updates

Model Overview
For the 2014 model year, the A4 has been further enhanced. Horsepower has been increased to 220 and the Premium model will feature the known Convenience package as standard equipment as well as offer new packages including an attractive S line style package, rear split folding seats in the Cold Weather package and Audi MMI Navigation. S line exterior and a new 18-inch 10-spoke exclusive RS-design wheel will be standard on Premium Plus and Prestige models to give the A4 a sportier overall appearance. Audi advanced key is now also part of the Premium Plus package on A4 and standard along with drive select on all S4 models. Furthermore, both A4 and S4 2014 models will mark the introduction of the Black Optic package with new high gloss black exterior trim and 19-inch Titanium Rotor design wheels.
Model Year Product Changes
Design:
• New S line style package available on A4 Premium models
• S line exterior standard on A4 Premium Plus and Prestige models
• New 18-inch 10-spoke exclusive RS-design wheel on A4 Premium Plus and Prestige
models
• New 18-inch 5-parallel-spoke Star design wheel standard on S4
• Black Optic package available on A4/S4
• New optional Layered Aluminum/Black wood inlays for S4
• Two new metallic colors available for A4 – Cuvée Silver and Dakota Gray
Engine/Drivetrain:
• 2.0TFSI I4 with 220 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque
Offer Structure:
• Convenience package from MY13 (Bluetooth®, Homelink®, Audi music interface and
driver information system) standard on A4
• Split folding rear seats available on A4 Premium models in Cold Weather package
• Audi MMI Navigation (without Audi connect) available on A4 Premium models
• Audi advanced key included in Premium Plus package on A4/S4 models, S4 with red
ring around start button
• Audi side assist available as a standalone option on A4/S4 Premium Plus models
• Audi drive select standard on S4 and included in the available A4 Sport package
2014 Models and Targeted Retail Release Dates
Model
A4 2.0T FWD Multitronic A4 2.0T q Manual
A4 2.0T q Tiptronic
S4 3.0T q Manual
Premium Premium Plus Prestige
  
Date
Summer Summer Summer Summer Summer
Old 04-13-2013, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this a wish list or actual press release?
Old 04-13-2013, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Official
Old 04-13-2013, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
Official
Thanks! I really like the two new colors. It looks like the sport pack still won't be available with Premium (I assume the "New S line style package" is not a sport pack, i.e. suspension and seats). I like the small power bump too.

Now the big question will remain for me: will the 2014 come with a fixed steering? If not, it is almost guaranteed I'll go for a 3, or perhaps a CC if I feel like cheapening out.

Last edited by av_audi; 04-14-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Model Overview
For the 2014 model year, the A4 has been further enhanced. Horsepower has been increased to 220 and the Premium model will feature the known Convenience package as standard equipment as well as offer new packages including an attractive S line style package, rear split folding seats in the Cold Weather package and Audi MMI Navigation. S line exterior and a new 18-inch 10-spoke exclusive RS-design wheel will be standard on Premium Plus and Prestige models to give the A4 a sportier overall appearance. Audi advanced key is now also part of the Premium Plus package on A4 and standard along with drive select on all S4 models. Furthermore, both A4 and S4 2014 models will mark the introduction of the Black Optic package with new high gloss black exterior trim and 19-inch Titanium Rotor design wheels.
Model Year Product Changes
Design:
• New S line style package available on A4 Premium models
• S line exterior standard on A4 Premium Plus and Prestige models
• New 18-inch 10-spoke exclusive RS-design wheel on A4 Premium Plus and Prestige
models
• New 18-inch 5-parallel-spoke Star design wheel standard on S4
• Black Optic package available on A4/S4
• New optional Layered Aluminum/Black wood inlays for S4
• Two new metallic colors available for A4 – Cuvée Silver and Dakota Gray
Engine/Drivetrain:
• 2.0TFSI I4 with 220 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque
Offer Structure:
• Convenience package from MY13 (Bluetooth®, Homelink®, Audi music interface and
driver information system) standard on A4
• Split folding rear seats available on A4 Premium models in Cold Weather package
• Audi MMI Navigation (without Audi connect) available on A4 Premium models
• Audi advanced key included in Premium Plus package on A4/S4 models, S4 with red
ring around start button
• Audi side assist available as a standalone option on A4/S4 Premium Plus models
• Audi drive select standard on S4 and included in the available A4 Sport package
2014 Models and Targeted Retail Release Dates
Model
A4 2.0T FWD Multitronic A4 2.0T q Manual
A4 2.0T q Tiptronic
S4 3.0T q Manual
Premium Premium Plus Prestige
  
Date
Summer Summer Summer Summer Summer
Just like the B7, they are making the S-Line standard for the last model year. But that's a huge shock they'd bump hp for only one model year. I don't recall Audi ever doing this for one year. Something tells me they are going to extend this body an extra year before the redesign. Seems to be the pattern now anyway with everyone and the extra hp is awfully rare and suspicious.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Adding 9 hp ain't much. You're already behind BMW @ 240 hp.

I think Audi made a mistake for 2012 and the made the a4 too boring with taking away the sline rocker moldings and wheel options.

It just looked a little too plain, and you had to spend 47-48 grand to get the full sline package.

With the market being so competitive, I think (and hope) the all new a4 will come out as a 2015 model. Or they could release it as an early 16.

The all new a3 sedan will be here 1st q 2014 as a 2015 model. So the timing can be as important as the model year.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts

I doubt this is the last model year for the B8. The B5 model year lasted six years ('96-'01); the B6 model year lasted seven ('02-'08). The new model may come out in 2015 (in Europe), but we won't see it in the U.S. until 2016.

That's just my guess, but I hope I'm wrong! My '09 will be paid off in a couple of months, and then I start saving for a B9. I'm also going to check out the new A3. I like the more compact size that is similar to what my B5 was.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SFV A4
Just like the B7, they are making the S-Line standard for the last model year. But that's a huge shock they'd bump hp for only one model year. I don't recall Audi ever doing this for one year.
I am 99.99% sure they did a 10Hp bump for the last year of the 1.8T engine (went from 170Hp to 180Hp). Note that torque is the same as before, which means the extra HP is at the top of the rev band. Maybe they tweaked an intake or something else to allow for slightly easier breathing at high RPMs.

The 3 has become very serious competition for me. More power, better fuel efficiency, lighter, better back seat, more customizable options list, free maintenance for 50K.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The all new a3 sedan will be here 1st q 2014 as a 2015 model. So the timing can be as important as the model year.
One article claims this new A3 sedan's interior dimensions are nearly identical to the current A4's, despite the exterior being smaller. I don't know what "nearly" means to them, but if that were true, the A3 would be a very attractive lower-priced alternative. But since they claim there won't be a manual transmission, it won't be an option for me.

Last edited by av_audi; 04-14-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: corrected to "A3 would be attractive ..."
Old 04-14-2013, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Audi could build out the 2014 models through next year and have the all new a4 has a 2015 model in sept / October 2014.

So thats 16-17 months away.

The car market is getting more competitive, so I can't see Audi going another 2 full years with this a4. It just seems a bit long to wait.

Audi made the 2008 a4 models more appealing with the sline rocker moldings and more equipment for the money, and the all new A4 came out in sept 2008 as an 09 model.

Quick Reply: 2014 a4 model updates