A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2014 a4 model updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
Audi could build out the 2014 models through next year and have the all new a4 has a 2015 model in sept / October 2014.

So thats 16-17 months away.

The car market is getting more competitive, so I can't see Audi going another 2 full years with this a4. It just seems a bit long to wait.

Audi made the 2008 a4 models more appealing with the sline rocker moldings and more equipment for the money, and the all new A4 came out in sept 2008 as an 09 model.
At the same time, Audi doesn't need to rush and react to the competition. Waiting another year to put out a SOLID B9 would be better than launching a B9 in 2014MY and have it miss out on their new ideas.

Kind of like buying a Porsche. They trickle in new features throughout the models cycle. Each MY gets a few new features, until they scrap it and start all over again. So it's a problem of, do you buy a used, top end model of the last generation, or buy the current generation knowing you are missing out.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think Audi is rushing. 6 years on the same platform is long enough with the A4 market.

You do need to react quicker in this market place. The engineers are already thinking 3 years ahead on cars and they've been working on the next generation A4 for several years know.

So an all new 2015 model in the late summer / early fall of 2014 is very realistic, IMO.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

If a new A4 is planned for the 2015 model year in the US, how come we have not seen anything yet ? We have seen several versions of the new A3 in the last few years and it is only coming out in America for 2014 !

The B9 A4 will probably be available in Europe first, it would be surprising that it would suddenly pop up without any pre-release versions in one of the large car show around the world.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts

Exactly. I agree with you here. Audi always introduces its new A4s in Europe first, then in the U.S. a year later. So I'll stick to my theory: We won't see a new A4 here until sometime in 2015 -- as a 2016 model.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way, here is the order guide: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mnzq3oems...e_Customer.pdf

What they are calling the S-line style package is just the 18" wheels + Xenons (still not the cornering type) + some racer-boy cosmetic stuff. It's a weird combination of options. They have thrown a couple of small things in there, but if the prices go up accordingly, then they haven't really thrown in anything. It is not clear if the trip computer is now standard on the premium (it used to be standard even on $15K Golfs).

All in all, this does nothing for me, except for the introduction of the Dakota Gray. All the S-line cosmetics may actually be a minus - I'll have to see it up close.

I have a feeling the MB CLA is going to take away many sales from the FWD/CVT A4 (most common configuration in Southern Cal).
Old 04-16-2013, 12:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by av_audi
I am 99.99% sure they did a 10Hp bump for the last year of the 1.8T engine (went from 170Hp to 180Hp). Note that torque is the same as before, which means the extra HP is at the top of the rev band. Maybe they tweaked an intake or something else to allow for slightly easier breathing at high RPMs.

The 3 has become very serious competition for me. More power, better fuel efficiency, lighter, better back seat, more customizable options list, free maintenance for 50K.
Don't recall Audi giving the B6 1.8T extra horsepower. Just did some googling and everything says 170 hp up to 2005. The extra power came with the 2005.5 model when the engine grew to 2.0 and 200hp. Or you may be thinking of the 1.8 that was in the original generation. There was a hp bump halfway in the cycle.

The more I think about this extra 9 hp for 2014, the more it smells like the engine has made this number all along and they are now finally admitting it. What easier way to keep an older model fresh than to add features that already exist.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When a model is nearing the end of the life span, Audi usually keeps prices aggressive and adds equiptment @ N/C.

All the premium plus' are back to having the full Sline exterior standard as they were in 12, and the advanced key is included as well in P Plus.

I can't see a P Plus going up $1500 to accomodate that...they need to keep prices competitive.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 552 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by SFV A4
The more I think about this extra 9 hp for 2014, the more it smells like the engine has made this number all along and they are now finally admitting it. What easier way to keep an older model fresh than to add features that already exist.
I was thinking the same thing; it's well known this engine is underrated by roughly 15 hp, so they may have done little more than revise the ECU to increase the published hp figure.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi.. New to this forum and about to be new A4 owner.

Ready to buy a 2013 A4, but as the 2014 is coming out soon, wanted to find out if anyone knows when the dealers will actually be able to take orders and how long it takes to get delivery of a new custom vehicle? I'm still driving my friends MiniCooper (fun, but like a sardine can with wheels) and could possibly wait a few more months.

I did ask this question to my local dealer, but they are very slow to reply.

Thank you !
Old 04-30-2013, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mlondon
Hi.. New to this forum and about to be new A4 owner.

Ready to buy a 2013 A4, but as the 2014 is coming out soon, wanted to find out if anyone knows when the dealers will actually be able to take orders and how long it takes to get delivery of a new custom vehicle? I'm still driving my friends MiniCooper (fun, but like a sardine can with wheels) and could possibly wait a few more months.

I did ask this question to my local dealer, but they are very slow to reply.

Thank you !
Model year changeover is usually around Week 22 (mid-June), which places cars in the US around August. The order book will probably be officially open in the next few weeks.

Quick Reply: 2014 a4 model updates